Re: Trade Deadline

JTO

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Jairus Byrd, S, Bills: The fact he is a franchise player and cannot extend his deal with any club in 2013 greatly limits the options here. Plenty of teams like Byrd -- contenders and non-contenders alike -- but they won't part with a significant pick for a player they might only end up renting. Still, the Bills are reeling some, even with him back from injury, they won't franchise him again in 2014, which means he walks for a 2015 compensatory pick. I could see a proactive team like Cleveland, even though rebuilding, maybe flipping a pick they have received from some of their recent trades to land Byrd, and then get a jump on trying to extend him before the market opens in March.

Dooo eeet...He doesn't want to be a Buffalo Bill anyway.

They are saying the Bills want players instead of draft picks for Byrd. I think that's crazy. Look at our draft this year. We were able to get some starters and impact players in the first 3 rounds. Trade Byrd for a 2nd or 3rd rounder

They are saying the Bills want players instead of draft picks for Byrd. I think that's crazy. Look at our draft this year. We were able to get some starters and impact players in the first 3 rounds. Trade Byrd for a 2nd or 3rd rounder

I'd guess it means we aren't getting offered high picks.

Can we all at least agree not to have any more posts or threads about trading Byrd until the end of the season if the trade deadline passes and he is still a Bill? For the love of God, could we at least accomplish that one thing?

High price for a guy with a lot of baggage. Tough call.

Each of those WR that we are talking about has a lot of baggage. They are each high risk, high reward guys. You can afford to have a few of those IMO. It is a little different than someone like Da'Rick because the investment is a lot more. I just like the idea of a young stud WR to grow with EJ. It is a risk -no doubt but one that I would be willing to take. A lot of good teams do that.

I found 5 or 6 spelling and grammar errors in that. Do people even proofread anymore?

Sadly, they do not. I find grammar and even spelling errors everywhere.

Often at PFT. About 3 years ago, before he went NBC, I volunteered about 3 times, via email, to proofread for free. No reply.

These errors affect the flow of the reading. You can dumb down the language all you like, to least common denominator. But at least speak English. So many times I have to pause and wonder "wait, what?" It is fun to be the grammar police once in a while, but overall, I feel there is no respect for English, especially among those who went to college and studied journalism. Come on, man!!!

I don't think there's any way that the Bills franchise Byrd next year. Safety isn't a key position in their defense, and they're not going to devote $8+ million dollars to it for one more season of play from him. In what scenario outside of establishing a rep as tough negotiators does this make sense?

I could see the Bills tagging him with the intention of trading him on the offseason.

I don't think there's any way that the Bills franchise Byrd next year. Safety isn't a key position in their defense, and they're not going to devote $8+ million dollars to it for one more season of play from him. In what scenario outside of establishing a rep as tough negotiators does this make sense?

Has Parker out-maneuvered any NFL team twice in 4 years? Just wondering.

I thought this team was supposed to be rebuilding and it's hard to justify trading an asset when you're 20M beneath the cap with no significant player due a contract extension until 2015.