Doug Marrones In Game Management - Is he really bad??

So in other words his role is similar to 90% of the head coaches in the league. Got it.

Wow, this board is just over the top when the Bills lose.

Amazing, isn't it? Chan calls the plays, he gets a ton of criticism for not being able to keep an eye on the big picture. Marrone does the job of a head coach, gets criticized.

Some people just need to take a few hours before posting so they have a chance to think things through.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the first challenge, he shouldn't have listened to Freddie, though I have to say the problem was maybe the ref not awarding the TD, but that is not the issue. In the second challenge he should have asked for a measure before throwing the red flag. The spot of the play was not clear on that play, tough spot.

We didn't lose because of those failed challenges.

Man you guys are brutal against a rookie HC & OC, and all this with a QB just off the practice squad starting.

Where was all this criticism for the real moron in Chan Gailey when he took his multi year NFL experienced arse to SF and was owned by the Niners, who went on to set both franchise & NFL records against the Bills 45-3 blowout.

At least the Bills were in this game.

Get a freaking grip!

Probably two of the worst challenges I've ever seen.

The guy came off as a complete moron today.

I disagree

first was a touchdown that should have been against a stout Saints D that forced the Bills into a 3rd down situation. Luckily they converted.

Second would have forced the Saints to punt had the call been reversed. I think Buffalo got bad breaks on spots, but in the end there were other more glaring reasons why they lost.

I don't think this game was lost on the headsets. This game was lost on the field. I think the Bills turned the ball over too much, didn't take advantage of turnover opportunities of their own and were beat on multiple long plays down the field due to miscoverages or simply being outworked for the ball.

The players lost this one, not the coaches.

I disagree

first was a touchdown that should have been against a stout Saints D that forced the Bills into a 3rd down situation. Luckily they converted.

Second would have forced the Saints to punt had the call been reversed. I think Buffalo got bad breaks on spots, but in the end there were other more glaring reasons why they lost.

I don't think this game was lost on the headsets. This game was lost on the field. I think the Bills turned the ball over too much, didn't take advantage of turnover opportunities of their own and were beat on multiple long plays down the field due to miscoverages or simply being outworked for the ball.

The players lost this one, not the coaches.

Can't say I agree about the second challenge. The Saints like to go for it on 4th and short. They were around midfield weren't they?

Would you bring them back? If you were the gosh darn owner

Jerry jones fired tom landry when he bought the cowboys

Jerry Jones' Cowboys of the 1990s won because of players like Aikmen and Smith, not because Jones is a brilliant GM or because of Jimmy Johnson. They went to a Super Bowl with Barry Switzer as the head coach for God sake.

Jerry Jones' Cowboys of the 1990s won because of players like Aikmen and Smith, not because Jones is a brilliant GM or because of Jimmy Johnson. They went to a Super Bowl with despite Barry Switzer as the head coach for God sake.

Fixed.

This thread is really stupid....marrone gets flak for his appearance on the sidelines....that's just the way he looks....he is not dumbfounded, confused....that's just the way he looks...give it up already.

Agree and I quit reading right here. At least someone makes some sense.

The guy is a rookie coach and doing and excellent job. Even a Bill hater like Dan Dierdorf could see the team is on the way up and playing hard.

Will the rest of you guys name another coach that took a train wreck like the Bills and won anything with all rookies QB's like Manuel, Tuel and Lewis (who might as well be classified as a rookie).

Yes, he's really bad

Ultra-conservative on 4th downs and in general

Stupid challenges have become a weekly thing

And he talked a big game that he'd be different in this regard, which he hasn't at all

Like bringing discipline and accountability yet you are the most penalized team in football and give the opposing teams the most 1st downs in the league from penalties due to a tleast multiple personal foul penalty's/game.

Like talking about being an analytics coach and not going for 2 in an obvious situation today.

Keep in context, the failed Marrone challenges wasn't the end all of the game but it is a disturbing trend of his coaching abilities.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Why does it have to be Marrone's fault that they lost? Can't we just acknowledge that the other team outplayed the Bills and not be bitter about it?

Nobody said that. The Saints are clearly a more talented team

We're critiquing Marrone's performance

I know, I know... questioning the HARDWORKING BLUE-COLLAR GET 'ER DUN BUFFALO FOOTBALL local head coach is wrong and stupid. Some people think about things logically in Buffalo, although we're dwindling.