Peter King article on Super Mario - MMQB

YoloinOhio

Hard to believe Wanny couldn't get the best out of Mario :D

We need to remember too that even if Mario's stats aren't jumping off the page every single week, his potential alone makes the opponent worry and gameplan for him, DT him, whatever and that draws a blocker off someone else. He is always making an impact regardless of # of sacks, although sometimes that is all some people look at.

Or since he had surgery on a wrist he said was bothering him.

Exactly. A lot of armchair physicians need to eat crow on that one.

Maybe the guy playing the game knew more about what was needed than the guys talking on radio shows and typing columns after all. Amazing.

Maybe the guy playing the game knew more about what was needed than the guys talking on radio shows and typing columns after all. Amazing.

That was close to a low point for this board. "Hey, I've seen guys play well through injuries before, which means every injury is the same!"

Hard to believe Wanny couldn't get the best out of Mario :D

We need to remember too that even if Mario's stats aren't jumping off the page every single week, his potential alone makes the opponent worry and gameplan for him, DT him, whatever and that draws a blocker off someone else. He is always making an impact regardless of # of sacks, although sometimes that is all some people look at.

This makes me think of the days Aaron Schobel manned the RE position for us and was useless against the run for the most part, but everyone pointed to the "sack totals" he put up claiming his greatness.

I agree with you and C Biscuit. It was readily apparent he wasn't playing with great leverage early last year and even Charley Casserly said it looked like he was playing with one arm out there.

As to the radio guys, fans, etc. that complained about how he looked, I doubt they ever followed Mario's career very closely and they just weren't aware of the type of DE he is.

As others have pointed out here, his last 16 games, he's been on a tear, at least in terms of his raw sack numbers. He's never been anything less than one of the best run defenders in the game, even when he was hurt last year.

GO BILLS!!!

GO BILLS!!!

He is a power house. I was hoping when we signed him, that it might intrigue some other elite players to want to play for the Bills. Who knows, this is only his second year here.

Although not elite, I seem to remember Mario being a factor in the Mark Anderson signing. That didn't work out, but I can certainly see it happening again. Especially if the team starts winning consistently (fingers crossed).