Week 8 AFCE matchups - pick'em and why

...and the 80's, and the 70's...

Disco fever and 80's pop!

Born 1979 so I got disco feet.

Great point. To piggy back, I think it was Bill Simmons who recently wrote something along the lines that because the Bills are built to beat NE, they are also built to beat NO. Not that he was predicting that they will, just that the matchup could make it a lot tighter than the spread would indicate.

I think he also alluded to Marrone having some insight on how to rattle Brees from his stint in NO, but I might have read that somewhere else.

So why do we always lose to them? Jk. I get your point.

I could see the Dolphins beating NE, though I still favor the Pats outright. (I agree w JR on the rushing game being the reason)

I think the Jets/Cinci game is a toss-up, or slightly favoring the Bengals. I don't think Cromartie can cover AJ Green, and don't think the Jets can likely run effectively on the Bengals.

If I had to pick another underdog to win this week, it would be the Raiders over Steelers, or Giants over Eagles. The Giants are a team I just don't think is as bad as their record and could "awaken" any given week.

If you watched the Giants victory against Minnesota you would realize that they are as bad as their record.

Since this is what I want, I will predict the opposite. I have a much better record at predicting games when I pick the opposite of what I want.

Funny how that works isn't it?

Brady has a sore shoulder, so it could be Miami beats them, The Jets just seem to find a way to win, so I think they sqeak past Cincy, And finally arrogance will bite NO, and the Bills come out of the big easy with a win.

NE wins a close, defensive game.

Bengals should win. They should pressure Geno and force some key turnovers to pull away.

Bills should match up well. Should be a close game and the Bills should have some good moments but have to think Brees will pull it out late.

While I agree with you, people are viewing playing Brees as some unsurmountable task. We play Tom Brady twice a year. I don't think we're going to be overwhelmed or demolished by Brees.

Well said JR!! The point that I was trying to make is that we are dealing with a "Brady-like" QB. He is great and we will need to be on our "a"game.

Well said JR!! The point that I was trying to make is that we are dealing with a "Brady-like" QB. He is great and we will need to be on our "a"game.

But like Brady, Brees could be without his best target in Graham. We've seen what happens to Brady without Gronkowski.

With that said, I think the Pats* will be able to handle the Dolphins at home.

The Bungles are a great home team and if the likes of GB and the Pats* couldn't get a win there I don't believe the Jest will.

The Bills/Saints came will be very close, with the Bills squeezing out a victory.