Week 8 AFCE matchups - pick'em and why

Miami @ NE - Putrids win

love to see Miami get a win but in NE the fix is in.

NYETS @ Cincy - Cinci wins

The Bungle's D will dominate the NYETS and Dalton will have a big game.

Buff @ NO - NO wins

love to see Buffalo get a win (and they just might).

The Bills backfield still isn't good enough to stop Drew,

Buff easily covers the spread.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

I

Miami @ NE - Putrids win

love to see Miami get a win but in NE the fix is in.

NYETS @ Cincy - Cinci wins

The Bungle's D will dominate the NYETS and Dalton will have a big game.

Buff @ NO - NO wins

love to see Buffalo get a win (and they just might).

The Bills backfield still isn't good enough to stop Drew,

Buff easily covers the spread.

I am picking the opposite, and, in fact, am picking all the road teams to win.

Miami win (Dolphins focus on run game and run down the throats of beat-up Patriots front)

NYJ win (NYJ is hot; the defense will pressure Dalton all day)

Buffalo wins (Bills keep it close and grind one out on the ground)

I could see the Dolphins beating NE, though I still favor the Pats outright. (I agree w JR on the rushing game being the reason)

I think the Jets/Cinci game is a toss-up, or slightly favoring the Bengals. I don't think Cromartie can cover AJ Green, and don't think the Jets can likely run effectively on the Bengals.

If I had to pick another underdog to win this week, it would be the Raiders over Steelers, or Giants over Eagles. The Giants are a team I just don't think is as bad as their record and could "awaken" any given week.

Edited by Matt in KC

I wasn't impressed by Tannehill. I think the Patriots beat them going away. Cincy wins a squeaker over the Jets, and the Bills fall after a noble effort against NO.

Probably the most objective and rational predictions. I hope you're wrong, but it's hard to argue that you will be.

Miami @ New England- New England. Could be a close game though.

Jets @ Bengals- Bengals. I find it funny how much ESPN killed the Jets in the offseason. I knew ESPN was way off(per usual) and the Jets had talent and would be a 7 to 9 win team this year. Just goes to show while skill position players are important, it is much more crucial to be solid on the offensive and defensive lines which the Jets clearly are. Bengals win but game will be close.

Bills @ Saints- Saints. Its a Quarterback league and Drew Brees is clearly a top 7 QB in this league. Thad Lewis vs Drew Brees in New Orleans is a huge disadvantage and looks to be an easy pick. However, If our defense can get pressure on Brees and Gilmore/Secondary can hold their own, it could be a close game. Still, I like the Saints 31-17.

I agree with you. The only place that we differ is that Brees is a top 3 QB IMO (with Manning and Rodgers).

Jets Bengals too close to call. Gut says Jets but I want Bengals.

New England loses, Brady goes back to have his struggles against the Fins.

Bills win by the largest margin of victory in NFL history. .... 1,000,000,000 to 3

I miss the days of my youth. Anyone wishing for a Miami win would have his tongue ripped out and the living eyes torn out of his head.

If Miami hands the Patriots a loss, NE loses a couple more before the Bills play them at the end of the season, the Bills could be playing NE for the division crown.

And I will pick all three to end in a tie, for the first time in NFL history.

Yeah maybe.

I think all three games will end with soccer scores.

Miami 4-2

Cin 2-0

Saints 6-0

Every single score a safety. Match that!

I miss the days of my youth. Anyone wishing for a Miami win would have his tongue ripped out and the living eyes torn out of his head.

That's kind of how I feel when someone wishes for a pats win...

While I agree with you, people are viewing playing Brees as some unsurmountable task. We play Tom Brady twice a year. I don't think we're going to be overwhelmed or demolished by Brees.

Great point. To piggy back, I think it was Bill Simmons who recently wrote something along the lines that because the Bills are built to beat NE, they are also built to beat NO. Not that he was predicting that they will, just that the matchup could make it a lot tighter than the spread would indicate.

I think he also alluded to Marrone having some insight on how to rattle Brees from his stint in NO, but I might have read that somewhere else.