MNF: Vikings vs Giants Game Thread

My only point WRT Thad is that he had approximately six weeks to get acclimated to the offensive concepts. It's pretty evident that he doesn't have chemistry with the receivers and that especially showed yesterday against the Dolphins.

Nice to see you on my friend. Hope all is well.

Haven't read the board recently so I'm not sure it's been mentioned but the thing that jumped out at me about Lewis and the Bills offense was that in spite of him being extremely mobile and adept at throwing on the run, not one single Bills pass play featured a designed roll out.

By design he was confined to the pocket on every pass play.

Hey 26!

All is well. I'm just swamped with a few things lately. Hope you're having a great October.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My only point WRT Thad is that he had approximately six weeks to get acclimated to the offensive concepts. It's pretty evident that he doesn't have chemistry with the receivers and that especially showed yesterday against the Dolphins.

But he's not out there getting his WRs killed. But not all blame is with Freeman. His coach never should have put him in.

Haven't read the board recently so I'm not sure it's been mentioned but the thing that jumped out at me about Lewis and the Bills offense was that in spite of him being extremely mobile and adept at throwing on the run, not one single Bills pass play featured a designed roll out.

By design he was confined to the pocket on every pass play.

They did try that once yesterday when Thad was sacked by Jones on a blitz deep in Bills territory.

Speak for yourself...I thought we got rid of him.

Hey SJ...just kiddin' brother.

Yo bro. Good to see you. What's the new avatar?

They did try that once yesterday when Thad was sacked by Jones on a blitz deep in Bills territory.

I guess I missed that one.

Still considering how well he throws on the run, it's odd to me that there was only one called rollout.

Yo bro. Good to see you. What's the new avatar?

Nick Mike-Mayer....our absolute worst kicker in Bills history...worse than Zendejas in my opinion. We used to see who could kick shank field goals in our back yard and get the Mike-Mayer award.

True, if my grandfather committed murder I might not create such profound posts for awhile. :).

If either of my grandfathers started killing people I guarantee none of us would be on TSW. Both have been dead almost 20 years so the Zombie Apocalypse would be upon us.

As horrible as Ponder has been in his career, it's hard to believe that Freeman gives the Vikes the best chance to win tonight.

How would you like to be Ponder right now... either you are thrilled or completely depressed.

What an incredibly boring MNF. Imcompetence on both sides. This is truly horrible.

I feel like we are watching a preseason game

It is a rather tough spot to debut in. Tells you what they really think of Ponder and Cassel

Most likely. But it also shows the respect that Fewell has for the QB. I swear I saw a shot where there were 9 Giants in the box.

Nice to see you on my friend. Hope all is well.

Correct - he may not have great chemistry with the ones but he could atleast be reasonably confident he knew the play and what route they were running even if he wasn't going to throw a surprise back shoulder pass

How would you like to be Ponder right now... either you are thrilled or completely depressed.

I feel like we are watching a preseason game

Ponder was airing his hurt feelings the other day which I thought spoke poorly of his perspective or maturity, take your pick.

It's pretty easy, Christian. You've sucked in every game you've played as a pro. The Vikings don't view you as their QB of the future. You have millions and are apparently a babe magnet and you have two degrees. Your glass is overflowing. Be happy.

What an incredibly boring MNF. Imcompetence on both sides. This is truly horrible.

What's amazing to me is how badly Eli has been playing this year. He's still throwing to Cruz and Nicks. I can see how he can slump a bit but to suck as badly as he had?

Hard to understand.