MNF: Vikings vs Giants Game Thread

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you imagine if someone said "josh freeman will be leading the Vikings against a winless giants squad week 7" on September 1st?

One of those reasons I try to avoid the word never when discussing the nfl - and if I use it intend it to mean "almost no chance and not worth speculating realistically"

Can you imagine if someone said "josh freeman will be leading the Vikings against a winless giants squad week 7" on September 1st?

One of those reasons I try to avoid the word never when discussing the nfl - and if I use it intend it to mean "almost no chance and not worth speculating realistically"

Would have lost money on either of these things happening.

:thumbsup:

Where are all those people who wanted to bring in Freeman and Hillis?

I always liked Hillis ....until a couple guys on here said he was a total doosh. Still - we are set at RB (although something is bothering CJ more than his ankle...he's been hesitant all year - even before injuring his ankle).

The hillis crowd was pretty small and the freeman one was in a pretty particular role.

"All these people" gets used instead of "that guy" or "both those posters" and what they want to do gets pretty exaggerated a lot of times.

Freeman is rocky for obvious reasons but athletic ability and a big league arm are clearly showing

I always liked Hillis ....until a couple guys on here said he was a total doosh. Still - we are set at RB (although something is bothering CJ more than his ankle...he's been hesitant all year - even before injuring his ankle).

Lots of people gave Dareus a pass last season due to his family tragedy....

I imagine CJs family tragedy hasn't exactly been easy to deal with

The hillis crowd was pretty small and the freeman one was in a pretty particular role.

"All these people" gets used instead of "that guy" or "both those posters" and what they want to do gets pretty exaggerated a lot of times.

Freeman is rocky for obvious reasons but athletic ability and a big league arm are clearly showing

Gruden felt it was almost "unfair" to put Freeman in this situation with 2 weeks to learn the offense and get timing down with his WR's.....ummmmmmm, can you say Thad Lewis??

Gruden felt it was almost "unfair" to put Freeman in this situation with 2 weeks to learn the offense and get timing down with his WR's.....ummmmmmm, can you say Thad Lewis??

Not exactly the same scenario since Thad was around for six weeks and spent that time learning Hackett's system.

Hence Thad, even after a week of preseason, had a month on the practice squad before being elevated. I get what your saying but not quite as bad for Thad.

Edited by NoSaint

Lots of people gave Dareus a pass last season due to his family tragedy....

I imagine CJs family tragedy hasn't exactly been easy to deal with

True, if my grandfather committed murder I might not create such profound posts for awhile. :). Still, I think when he was plugged in as the "starter" RB he felt a lot of pressure; CJ might like the role of 2nd RB behind Fred. Even when we were screaming for screens and swing passes to give CJ more room he didn't capitalize. Frustrating for him (and all of us who know his capabilities)

Hence Thad, even after a week of preseason, had a month on the practice squad before being elevated. I get what your saying but not quite as bad for Thad.

Timing with the first string WR's after 5 days practice didn't seem bad in the Bengals game...but I get your point.

Looked like Simpson ducked into Rolle's shoulder...tough to judge the defenseless receiver rule.

Rough spot for rolle- Simpson got led straight into him and got small when he saw the hit coming. That he had the ability to duck kind of defeats the idea of being defenseless, no? Or am I being unfair to Simpson there?

Just seemed rolle had nothing else to do and Simpson forced the hit to be head/neck by ducking in an effort to defend himself

Edited by NoSaint

Rough spot for rolle- Simpson got led straight into him and got small when he saw the hit coming. That he had the ability to duck kind of defeats the idea of being defenseless, no? Or am I being unfair to Simpson there?

Just seemed rolle had nothing else to do and Simpson forced the hit to be head/neck by ducking in an effort to defend himself

we're in agreement...you, me and Coughlin

we're in agreement...you, me and Coughlin

Me three.

Not exactly the same scenario since Thad was around for six weeks and spent that time learning Hackett's system.

True for some part, but it's doubtful that Thad had any time with first string.

In any event, even Leinart's throws looked better after 3 days of practice.

The incredible effort by Giants punter Steve Weatherford was something to behold.

He managed to occupy multiple blockers, slow down the return and almost made the tackle at the goal line.

Too bad none of his teammates were hustling enough to catch up to the play.

Really one of the greatest efforts I've ever seen by a punter on a punt return.

Me three.

True for some part, but it's doubtful that Thad had any time with first string.

In any event, even Leinart's throws looked better after 3 days of practice.

My only point WRT Thad is that he had approximately six weeks to get acclimated to the offensive concepts. It's pretty evident that he doesn't have chemistry with the receivers and that especially showed yesterday against the Dolphins.

The incredible effort by Giants punter Steve Weatherford was something to behold.

He managed to occupy multiple blockers, slow down the return and almost made the tackle at the goal line.

Too bad none of his teammates were hustling enough to catch up to the play.

Really one of the greatest efforts I've ever seen by a punter on a punt return.

Nice to see you on my friend. Hope all is well.