Is Travis Henry as valuable as Corey Dillon?

stevestojan

Well, that's what NE traded Cinnci for him..

I think we have to JUMP at a 2nd rounder.

some people want to trade him for a proven player... fine,... then let's trade him to the Dolphins for Olindo Mare (he will be healthy, right?) and a 6th rounder or so.

My point about Corey Dillon is that some of you think trading him for a 3rd rounder is out of the question... well, if someone offers us a high 3rd, take it, say thank you, and move on...

a 2nd? take it, and RUN...

You would have to take a 2nd rounder for him. I would even take a #3 for him.

208629[/snapback]

yeah, we've all rehashed that... but what do you think about Mare and a late rounder from Miami?

Remember when Henry said us drafting McGahee was a slap in the face? Well, I'm guessing trading him for a Kicker would be like a closed-fisted punch...

Was Lamar Gordon worth a 3rd rounder?

Its all about need, and how desperate other teams are. Forget about talent because what we Bills fans may view as Henry's "talents" will go out the window in comparison to what the Cards view as what Henry can bring to that franchise. Its all about need, not talent in this particular case. Some teams REALLY need an RB and dont feel they can land a good one in free agency or the draft.

Was Lamar Gordon worth a 3rd rounder? 

Its all about need, and how desperate other teams are.  Forget about talent because what we Bills fans may view as Henry's "talents" will go out the window in comparison to what the Cards view as what Henry can bring to that franchise.  Its all about need, not talent in this particular case.  Some teams REALLY need an RB and dont feel they can land a good one in free agency or the draft.

208636[/snapback]

wow. Very good answer.

Thanks.

I think that Dillon's outstanding perfornmance this year and in yesterday's game will actually help the Bill's get a 2nd and perhaps even more for a trade for Henry. Advocates in AZ, Cleveland, Miami or one of the several teams which apparently have interest in him will be able to summarize their case for acquiring Henry by claiming (probably falsely in my view) that former Pro Bowler and around 1400 yd per season rusher Henry will do the same thing for them that Dillon did for NE.

If anything, the NFL is a me-too lead that loves to imitate success. The difference that malcontent Dillon has made for NE will make for a stronger case for anyone who wants to advocate that they can get the same payoff from Henry.

I'm not arguing that this will happen. Even putting Henry aside, one would have to be foolish or quite hopeful to draw any analogies between AZ, Cleveland, or Miami and NE. One could also credibly (and correctly in my opinion) argue that Dillon is a far better rusher than Henry.

This does not matter. The important thing for the Bills is to find one team to be a trade partner who is stupid enough to give them more than Henry is worth and for TD to be smart enough to read the market, manufacture. and take the deal.

One thing we know from how he played the Peerless situation and from his acquisition and negotiations with a plethora of FAs like Adams. Spikes, Fletcher, et al. is that TD does a great job at reading the market and manipulating trade partners.

Another thing we know clearly is that among AZ, Cleveland, Miami and other NFL teams there are some stone-cold idiots just waiting out there willing to make trades.

i think TO only went for a second rounder.

its all about what teams in the NFL are willing to give you. TO was worth 2 first rounders, but the way it went down, didnt let that happen.

C. Dillon only went for a second rounder cus it looked like he was getting old and a problem in the locker room.

Last year's draft picks were worth TWICE what this year's are worth...hence...we shouldn't take anything less than a 2nd. However, since its a weak draft...why the hell would anybody want a pick? trade for a OT for crying out loud.