Let CJ heal thread

rayray808

Should we sit Spiller this week and let his body recover?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Should we sit Spiller this week and let his body recover?

• Yes
    • No

Spiller is not himself out there...

I get that majority of all of our main guys are banged up, and are toughing it out, but in my opinion CJ is not that type of player. Captain Fred gets rolled on, and goes back out and barrels for every yard that he earns. He is the type of back that absorbs hits, and keeps moving forward. Spiller on the other hand is a cut/speed/gap type runner and is almost completely ineffective when he cant make those cuts.

My vote, shut him down this week and let him rest, heal, and mentally prepare for the Chiefs/Steelers/Jets month we have ahead of us.

What say you?

Edited by Beerball
Edited title for clarity

Depends, if it is something that just needs rest/time, certainly.

However, it may be something that is just not going to get better, in that case, get 10-15 plays out of him a game, keeping the threat of him still in the opposing defense's mind--as long as it is not going to cause permanent damage (which certainly the brass and medical staff has considered--right?).

Depends, if it is something that just needs rest/time, certainly.

However, it may be something that is just not going to get better, in that case, get 10-15 plays out of him a game, keeping the threat of him still in the opposing defense's mind--as long as it is not going to cause permanent damage (which certainly the brass and medical staff has considered--right?).

It's reportedly a sprained ankle. Rest a sprained ankle and treat it, it gets better

I agree, Marrone should bench his ass until he is 110%. Now, when I would think twice about offering him an extension because he simply isn't the ideal running back that this team needs. What we need is a bruiser, a back that hits that hole hard and carries people with him. Also, someone that can take a licking and keep on ticking. Heck, Maurice Jones Drew is a better back. 2014 should be a year where we draft a decent RB in the 3rd or 4th or we could always sign FA to be MoJo.

Spiller is not himself out there...

I get that majority of all of our main guys are banged up, and are toughing it out, but in my opinion CJ is not that type of player. Captain Fred gets rolled on, and goes back out and barrels for every yard that he earns. He is the type of back that absorbs hits, and keeps moving forward. Spiller on the other hand is a cut/speed/gap type runner and is almost completely ineffective when he cant make those cuts.

My vote, shut him down this week and let him rest, heal, and mentally prepare for the Chiefs/Steelers/Jets month we have ahead of us.

What say you?

I can see a good argument for this. I doubt it's Spiller's lack of toughness...it's more that he got the exact worst type of injury for his direction-changing running style. I kind of like the way they're using him now...throwing him in for limited plays on the chance he still breaks one for a 50-yarder, but keeping him fresh so when he is fully healed, he won't be rusty in the system.

He's no better than a fully rested Taster's Choice right now, so I would love to see him heal up.

Actually Choice is not only playing better than CJ with the bad ankle, he's playing pretty damn good... The guy is running angry and I don't believe he's getting less than 4 yards every rush.

I actually wanted him to carry the load on the last drive before the field goal cuz if we got a first down, it would have been kneel downs until the field goal with no chance for Miami to come back.

But to add to the topic, I agree with CSBill. If it's not an injury where he needs surgery to heal up, I say we limit his carries to about 10 a game until the bye cuz you never know, one of those 10 carries might be a game changer.