The War of 18-12 on SNF: Broncos at Colts Game Thread

As the immortal Jack Lambert said about QB's " Why don't they just put skirts on em."

You ever hear the story of the first and only time the Stillers went to scout Lambert at Kent State?

Because the practice field was damaged and they couldn't utilize it that day, they ran a non-contact practice in a nearby gravel parking lot.

Lambert was being himself and running around like a lunatic and diving to make stops all over this gravel parking lot while in a t-shirt and shorts. Apparently he spent much of the practice picking chunks of granite out of his arms, legs and face between plays. One of Art Rooney's kids was the scout that day and after watching that display of mean, he somehow convinced the old man to take a shot on a 195lb linebacker.

You ever hear the story of the first and only time the Stillers went to scout Lambert at Kent State?

Because the practice field was damaged and they couldn't utilize it that day, they ran a non-contact practice in a nearby gravel parking lot.

Lambert was being himself and running around like a lunatic and diving to make stops all over this gravel parking lot while in a t-shirt and shorts. Apparently he spent much of the practice picking chunks of granite out of his arms, legs and face between plays. One of Art Rooney's kids was the scout that day and after watching that display of mean, he somehow convinced the old man to take a shot on a 195lb linebacker.

That sounds like the Lambert I remember. I remember back in his day I'd be watching Pittsburgh with friends and someone would say "Bills need players like that. You could knock his head clean off and he'd just screw it back and make the next tackle."