Reading about trading

IUBillsFan

I think he ends up with the Fish.

208519[/snapback]

What will we get? 3rd rounder? That would give us two picks really close together up in the "value zone" (where you can get decent players without having to pay 1st round $$$ if you do it right)...

One Cleveland writer thinks the Browns should trade for TH.

Scroll about halfway down to read.

The guy who wrote this, Roger Brown, is generally not well liked by the readers, but I think he's got a decent point here.

Mike

208540[/snapback]

Cleveland would be a nice fit. Their losing percentage is almost as high as the Bills in games which Travis Henry was the starting rb.

Ok, I've just checked a bunch of other sites, and it looks like Miami, Oakland, and Arizona are the leading candidates, with Arizona (offering a 2nd) being the most likely. I have no idea where this info is coming from, but a 2nd rounder would be nice.

Ok, I've just checked a bunch of other sites, and it looks like Miami, Oakland, and Arizona are the leading candidates, with Arizona (offering a 2nd) being the most likely.  I have no idea where this info is coming from, but a 2nd rounder would be nice.

208548[/snapback]

I just hope he does not go to the Fish. I would hate to face him twice and year. Hate him all you want, the guy is a 1200 yd rusher and the Bills gave up on him too fast.

Ok, I've just checked a bunch of other sites, and it looks like Miami, Oakland, and Arizona are the leading candidates, with Arizona (offering a 2nd) being the most likely.  I have no idea where this info is coming from, but a 2nd rounder would be nice.

208548[/snapback]

A 2nd from Ariz. would be right in the neighborhood of what was given up for Dillon and Faulk.

Could you explain to me why a team would cough up more for Henry than either of the above mentioned stars?

208548[/snapback]

A 2nd rounder would almost be too good to be true.

208548[/snapback]

I'd jump on that in a second.

From theredzone.com

Chris Mortenson of ESPN reports that the Arizona Cardinals could be among possible suitors for Buffalo Bills RB Travis Henry. Mortenson believes Henry could be traded for a second round pick.

Then I must be wrong. Henry IS as good as Dillion and Faulk in his prime, perhaps better.  :doh:

208585[/snapback]

I believe Vermiel got Faulk for a great price. I don't remember the exact specs but I thought the Rams pulled off a sweet deal and Marshall played huge for them for a long time - he was the Thurman that made the greatest show on turf go. As far as Dillon - the f-ing Pats just got a good deal from a team that didn't want him anymore.

I think Travis could get us a second round pick from a team willing to over pay but most likely it's a third rounder. His upside is that he's younger than Dillon or Faulk at the time they were traded.

I believe Vermiel got Faulk for a great price. I don't remember the exact specs but I thought the Rams pulled off a sweet deal and Marshall played huge for them for a long time - he was the Thurman that made the greatest show on turf go. As far as Dillon - the f-ing Pats just got a good deal from a team that didn't want him anymore.

I think Travis could get us a second round pick from a team willing to over pay but most likely it's a third rounder. His upside is that he's younger than Dillon or Faulk at the time they were traded.

Who the fug CARES what the Pats and Rams (or Steelers, who also traded a 2nd rounder for Bettis) gave up? All that matters is what the potential teams out there are willing to give up for him. More suitors means a higher price. Basic laws of economics, thrown in with some marketing on the Bills' part and ignorance on the part of some of the teams.

Why not the Colts.  They probably can't afford James, Travis comes cheaper and the Colts could then add the D help they need.  Plus with the Colts picking at the end of the first they may give up that first for TH.

208513[/snapback]

What in the world would make you think that TH could mentally handle the Colts offensive system?