An open note to all PPP participants about mods and PPP Bills thread

All -

I wish to be very clear that some, including moderators, have overstepped the boundaries of appropriate behavior, statements and personal attacks especially within the PPP Bills thread. No secret to anyone who has any time in PPP that moderation in the forum is much looser and tolerant as compared to other forums especially the main board. What has come to issue is the fact that a small number of people seem not to get the fact that what has been tolerated in PPP is not acceptable elsewhere.

In particular emphasis and attention has been given to the following types of unacceptable actions or statements on <b>other<b> parts of the board:

- Personal attacks of other posters that include name calling, belittling statements or outright verbal assault. This has been especially the case with newbies.

- Language - swearing, sexually explicit comments or intentional attempts to defeat the language filter have led to warnings. This has been especially the case as the use of such language is tied to the above mentioned personal attacks.

- Crusading - if you have made your point(s) within a thread or even across threads give it a rest.

- While there has been debate around the topic duplication of threads has been more closely monitored

I do not wish to debate here where the moderation of the above on the main board is correct or not. To each their own opinion and let's leave it at that. What I do wish to preserve is a standard where experienced board members or the brave among newbies can openly dialogue about issues within PPP. To preserve this spirit of open or looser communication, exchange and debate it needs to be very clear that the following are not tolerable and will be monitored closely especially within the PPP Bills thread:

- Harsh personal attacks that are simply tossed out as a continuation of personal grudge matches or are expressions of animosity towards one another. This is especially the case when the comments have no relevance to the thread or flow of exchange within the thread. If you want to have it out with someone in this manner I suggest you PM each other to make your thoughts known.

- Swearing, sexually explicit comments or attempts to defeat the language filter.

- Dragging the above behavior to the main board or forums other than PPP.

- Open attack on mods is to stop and as a counterbalance to this any mod attacking a board member will also be subject to action. Yes I have said this very clearly and explicitly. What is applied to one will be applied to all regardless of status. I've already let the people involved know this very clearly.

- As my mother used to say "two wrongs do not make a right." Simply responding to antics that you know to be wrong by acting in kind does not let you off the hook.

As a result understand that there will be closer moderation of the PPP Bills thread. I do not wish to go overboard either within that thread or across PPP in general. I see nothing wrong with a more challenging environment and exchange in general especially when it is contained within this forum. If this is confusing to you send me a PM and I will try to better explain. If you disagree or have comments about the above I invite you to PM me. If you comment within this thread do so with the above information in mind.

I have put this communication out here to be constructive and open not to be attacked. Hopefully you have seen other examples where my approach is to be very open about what is happening. I am more than willing to hear constructive feedback.

Bill Jackson

No offense Bill, but there are probably 3 people on PPP who are actually capable of reading a post of that length.

To be more succinct for the simpletons: YOU DO NOT RUN THE ASYLUM. You are a guest. PPP is basically the "man cave" of TBD, where you're more or less allowed to be a douche bag - though even that has limits. While your guest status is more lenient here, that doesn't mean you can crap all over the rest of the house.

Behave yourselves elsewhere in this community or I'll permanently send you on vacation.

No offense Bill, but there are probably 3 people on PPP who are actually capable of reading a post of that length.

To be more succinct for the simpletons: YOU DO NOT RUN THE ASYLUM. You are a guest. PPP is basically the "man cave" of TBD, where you're more or less allowed to be a douche bag - though even that has limits. While your guest status is more lenient here, that doesn't mean you can crap all over the rest of the house.

Behave yourselves elsewhere in this community or I'll permanently send you on vacation.

Oh I get it now. :D

No offense taken and thank you for your summary.

I was very long winded.

I am also tired of PM's, comments and questions that suggest people don't get what you so eloquently and succinctly stated.

No offense taken and thank you for your summary.

I was very long winded.

I am also tired of PM's comments and questions that suggest people don't get what you so eloquently and succinctly stated.

And for the record I never read long posts like that. But when the powers that be are reinforcing the ground rules you better believe I read it.

Thanks Bill.

Ok, I was confused. So in summary:

1) We can act like we've always acted on PPP (including the Bills PPP thread)

2) We can't take that act to other parts of the board.

If there are newbie idiots on PPP who are too stupid to understand that without being told, yeah ban away. Even 'tards like connor understand that basic etiquette.

Ok, I was confused. So in summary:

1) We can act like we've always acted on PPP (including the Bills PPP thread)

2) We can't take that act to other parts of the board.

If there are newbie idiots on PPP who are too stupid to understand that without being told, yeah ban away. Even 'tards like connor understand that basic etiquette.

KD yes, the only thing I would add as clarification is that simply carrying out grudge matches that have nothing to do with the thread or the flow of dialogue are not appropriate. This goes for mods as well as anyone else. This should be very clear.

KD yes, the only thing I would add as clarification is that simply carrying out grudge matches that have nothing to do with the thread or the flow of dialogue are not appropriate. This goes for mods as well as anyone else. This should be very clear.

It other words, we CAN'T act like we've always acted on PPP.

It's not much fun calling gatorman an idiot if I actually have to demonstrate it's relevant in context.

It's not much fun calling gatorman an idiot if I actually have to demonstrate it's relevant in context.

Just call him an intelligent and erudite poster.

We are fortunate to have you here.

That's probably still okay, but you can't rename him gatorgal and suggest that he has a snapper at both ends.

How many other posts are there out there that devolve into gatorman bashing? Gees, sometimes I just wonder down a thread and there I am being attacked! :death:

Keep up the good Gatorman anything that keeps them occupied here stops them from spreading their evil to the rest of the world.

So did you consult with Darin (or anybody else for that matter) before you decided to barge into PPP and tell everybody what they are now allowed and not allowed to post in here?

Or did you just decide all on your own that you are now going to be the new boss of PPP?

I know that a lot of you fellas have wanted me out of here for a long time, and it may well turn out that you have been right all along and that my exit would solve some problems and alleviate some hard feelings. If that turns out to be the case, I'm OK with that.

But as I stroll casually towards the door allow me say that you should beware of men who feel it is their place to come into your turf and tell you how you're going to act for your own good. While I think it's wise to keep the main board relatively free of a lot of the stuff that goes on here, I have always been protective of PPP and the posters who want to come over and take the gloves off and have at 'er, as I enjoy doing that sometimes as well. Y'all might want to consider the wisdom of allowing somebody who doesn't respect that boundary to gain a beachhead in here.

So did you consult with Darin (or anybody else for that matter) before you decided to barge into PPP and tell everybody what they are now allowed and not allowed to post in here?

Or did you just decide all on your own that you are now going to be the new boss of PPP?

I know that a lot of you fellas have wanted me out of here for a long time, and it may well turn out that you have been right all along and that my exit would solve some problems and alleviate some hard feelings. If that turns out to be the case, I'm OK with that.

But as I stroll casually towards the door allow me say that you should beware of men who feel it is their place to come into your turf and tell you how you're going to act for your own good. While I think it's wise to keep the main board relatively free of a lot of the stuff that goes on here, I have always been protective of PPP and the posters who want to come over and take the gloves off and have at 'er, as I enjoy doing that sometimes as well. Y'all might want to consider the wisdom of allowing somebody who doesn't respect that boundary to gain a beachhead in here.

Perhaps you're right...but, as you've personally proven time and time again, there's exactly ****-all we can do about it. This isn't a democracy, and there's no real recourse to appeal what you mods decide.

So we just live with it. Or leave. So it goes.

Does this mean "let's crack down on PPP" wasn't discussed and approved at the weekly mod meeting?

Now I'm back to being confused by the existance of this thread.