Notes From The Republican Civil War

Tiberius

No easily because they have nothing to do with each other.

That's silly. So you care so much for life but you don't believe in providing that which saves lives? What--oh, get this--is it inconvenient or something, lol. Yes, they very much are the same issues

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's silly. So you care so much for life but you don't believe in providing that which saves lives? What--oh, get this--is it inconvenient or something, lol. Yes, they very much are the same issues

I care for lives that can't take care of themselves. Some of those are adults but most are young children or unborn babies. I don't like being forced to pay for something for someone because they can't figure out how to do it themselves.

And insurance doesn't save lives. Health care has always been available.

I care for lives that can't take care of themselves. Some of those are adults but most are young children or unborn babies. I don't like being forced to pay for something for someone because they can't figure out how to do it themselves.

And insurance doesn't save lives. Health care has always been available.

So universal health care for children then? And mentally incapacitated people and those who don't and can't afford expensive health care? So you support Obamacare! Welcome aboard!

Later, I gotta go work out

why throw the insult in there? There are stuoid democrats, too.

Also... gator is like 3 steps below you on the whole rationality thing. Even you must agree - he wears a pointy hat.

Actually I think gatorman is more perceptive than I am - I spent a month or two giving a **** about what I post, what a waste, this is pure amusement there are no great minds here to learn from and no movers and shakers to convince, this is poking your fellow monkey with a stick or for the delusionally narcissistic torturing ants with a magnifying glass.

So universal health care for children then? And mentally incapacitated people and those who don't and can't afford expensive health care? So you support Obamacare! Welcome aboard!

Later, I gotta go work out

You obviously don't know me very well. I'm of the camp if you can't afford to take care of your own children don't have them. Why should I pay for your kid's care, schooling, etc.

BTW for those who afford health care they will get it...for free. Not lot of people with out health insurance dying on the streets.

No

Try harder.

I don't see a problem with anybody's pattern of posts and level of discourse. I mean, you are complaining about gator's discourse and here your are doing the same thing right back to me. I think you guys (on the right) hate so much because the tactics are so similar to your own.

You're confusing discourse in this instance with insults. Gatorman's methods of argument consist of non-sequiturs, juvenile attempts at misdirection and misconstruing the argument, followed by a series of absurd and inflammatory conclusions. He has demonstrated no ability to form and support a rational argument and is thus flamed for his efforts. This isn't difference of opinion we're talking about. SOB has views which go do not jive with many posters here but he at least offers a rational argument and thats why he isn't treated like you or gatorman. See the difference, dolt?

you can only be a trolling troll if others are being trolled and if the trolling troll is stupid what can be said for for the trolled trollies hmmmmmmm- you right-wing simpletons don't understand that Jauronimo just gave you a nice burn

If they identify him as a troll. how are they being trolled?

If they identify him as a troll. how are they being trolled?

I know right, how can they be so stupid that they are being trolled by a guy they recognized as a troll it boggles the mind - wow another great burn on those right-wing simpletons- you're on fire today Jauronimo.

I know right, how can they be so stupid that they are being trolled by a guy they recognized as a troll it boggles the mind - wow another great burn on those right-wing simpletons- you're on fire today Jauronimo.

You really have taken a page from gatorman's book. I kinda thought you were kidding about following his example. This is a tad disappointing.

So what's the point of being a troll if all you have is a magnifying glass or a stick? What fo insults have to do with that?

With a Magnifying glass and a stick you can have a flaming stick - flaming as a verb = An online argument that becomes nasty or derisive, where insulting a party to the discussion takes precedence over the objective merits of one side or another....... case in point when I think of you I think Flaming but the adjective not the action, now go milk your cows I hear them lowing.

With a Magnifying glass and a stick you can have a flaming stick - flaming as a verb = An online argument that becomes nasty or derisive, where insulting a party to the discussion takes precedence over the objective merits of one side or another....... case in point when I think of you I think Flaming but the adjective not the action, now go milk your cows I hear them lowing.

So, back to your other point and mine... what is the point?

We want the ability to have dialogue and from time to time debate information. That cannot be done when parties are so entrenched in their beliefs that it does not matter. This board would debate that gays are worse then blacks and blacks are worse then gays if the Republicans and Democrats took opposing sides. Few would take the time to actually realize that neither are bad, fewer still would make that statement. If name calling comes out or if one side retorts to childish behavior then it's just counter productive.

Of course, then there are posters like Tom who often do not pick one side or another and just point out the flaws in logic of a poster. Of course he likes to go after the easy targets but he will go after the tougher cases, too. Everyone will hit the line drive down the middle - which is 99% of Gatormans posts. He is very good at driving it home, I will give him that...but, what does the purpose of this thread serve after the title? The Republican Civil War? The Tea Party is taking over DC yet having such a small minority in power that it is laughable to even discuss further? There is dissension in all parties. Democrats in North Carolina oppose tougher EPA regulation on Agriculture while Democrats in California want to tax every farmer per livestock head.

There is always a counter point to any statement but on this board so much crap is spewed out that logic falls out of the window. Civility may never present itself on here but it doesn't have to. Calling me a simple guy, or short thinker or anything does not effect me one bit. You could tell me I was a brilliant, insightful and polite person and I would be just as thankful for that opinion as I would being called a flaming cow !@#$ing retard.

So, back to your other point and mine... what is the point?

We want the ability to have dialogue and from time to time debate information. That cannot be done when parties are so entrenched in their beliefs that it does not matter. This board would debate that gays are worse then blacks and blacks are worse then gays if the Republicans and Democrats took opposing sides. Few would take the time to actually realize that neither are bad, fewer still would make that statement. If name calling comes out or if one side retorts to childish behavior then it's just counter productive.

Of course, then there are posters like Tom who often do not pick one side or another and just point out the flaws in logic of a poster. Of course he likes to go after the easy targets but he will go after the tougher cases, too. Everyone will hit the line drive down the middle - which is 99% of Gatormans posts. He is very good at driving it home, I will give him that...but, what does the purpose of this thread serve after the title? The Republican Civil War? The Tea Party is taking over DC yet having such a small minority in power that it is laughable to even discuss further? There is dissension in all parties. Democrats in North Carolina oppose tougher EPA regulation on Agriculture while Democrats in California want to tax every farmer per livestock head.

There is always a counter point to any statement but on this board so much crap is spewed out that logic falls out of the window. Civility may never present itself on here but it doesn't have to. Calling me a simple guy, or short thinker or anything does not effect me one bit. You could tell me I was a brilliant, insightful and polite person and I would be just as thankful for that opinion as I would being called a flaming cow !@#$ing retard.

That was the most long winded cop out I've ever read and it completely characterizes the discussion at PPP. Just stop.