Eric Embron North Carolina

RCOHEN13

Considering its highly unlikely we draft a QB again next yr after just 1 yr of EJ even though this IS the QB class we should have drafted from and waited a yr. Dont get me wrong, I love EJ, but this class is beyond loaded. On O, i dont see FO to focus much on WR or RB as we are 3 deep at RB and guys like Woods and Goodwin will be in yr 2 along with Stevie. TJ AKA Featherstone from Necessary Roughness is awful even tho he had his ONLY god game as pro last week.

TE is such a critical position nowadays in pass happy league. Chandler makes a play here and there but his skill set is below average, hands are average at best, has great size, but zero speed and is average blocker. He would be much better suited as a TE2 in those sets. Eric Embron is a BEAST. Better all around TE than Eifert was at Notre Dame and will most likely be top TE on board if he declares which all signs point toward he will. Having 2 TE;s on field together especially when you are a team that likes to run the ball is key. He would be great on play fakes on 3rd and short and QB rolls and throws quick pass to TE to pick up 5 or so yards. This is a role Chandler has often struggled with. He seems to make a play or 2 here and there downfield and gets a catch or 2 over the middle but has no speed and has trouble catching balls that are low. He's not a TE that can line up out wide either and catch a slant like guys like Gates, Graham etc..

Embron would be EJ's BEST friend! EJ loves check downs and having a good TE who can gain YAC is critical for checkdowns other than to RB;s. For years we have lacked a versatile talent at TE or even WR. Our WR corp has upside, but not 1 of those guys "scare" a D in preparation for a matchup with us. It would be so nice to have a TE who can do everything. I've been following this kid since last yr when i was watching a game vs NC and watched most his games this yr, namely yesterday vs The U... Caught 8 for almost 200 yards.... Thats the kind of yardage Chandler doesnt even rack up in 4 games!

If we are talking TE's, there are only 3 that could be in this draft coming next year that I would want possibly.

1. Austin Seferian-Jenkins / Washington

2. Eric Ebron / North Carolina

3. Jace Amaro / Texas Tech

If you ask me, Sefere]ian-Jenkins is the best all around TE in this class. He's not the fastest guy at the position, but can get it done. His numbers haven't been that great so far, but I think that defenses have been more aware of him this year after his breakout Soph. season a year ago. He reminds me of a little bit faster version of Brandon Pettigrew. Ebron is a solid player on a not so great team. He has good speed to get past LB's in coverage, but his route running and consistency on the field are meh. If we are looking for just a receiving option at TE then Jace Amaro could be that option. He comes from a spread offense so his numbers may be what some call inflated, but the guy is a weapon. At 6'5", 257lbs they line him up in the slot from time to time and he can still get separation from defenders. Just my opinion here, but I think he will emerge as the best TE to come from next year's draft IF he leaves school early.

If we are talking TE's, there are only 3 that could be in this draft coming next year that I would want possibly.

1. Austin Seferian-Jenkins / Washington

2. Eric Ebron / North Carolina

3. Jace Amaro / Texas Tech

If you ask me, Sefere]ian-Jenkins is the best all around TE in this class. He's not the fastest guy at the position, but can get it done. His numbers haven't been that great so far, but I think that defenses have been more aware of him this year after his breakout Soph. season a year ago. He reminds me of a little bit faster version of Brandon Pettigrew. Ebron is a solid player on a not so great team. He has good speed to get past LB's in coverage, but his route running and consistency on the field are meh. If we are looking for just a receiving option at TE then Jace Amaro could be that option. He comes from a spread offense so his numbers may be what some call inflated, but the guy is a weapon. At 6'5", 257lbs they line him up in the slot from time to time and he can still get separation from defenders. Just my opinion here, but I think he will emerge as the best TE to come from next year's draft IF he leaves school early.

That's why I have Jace in my sig, hopefully he's there.

Ebron looks darn good too, more of a pumped WR but he makes plays

Saw one game with Jenkins he was invisible, so can't say about him

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.