Walmart fires employee for stopping an assualt in the parking lot

boyst

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/walmart-employee-fired-after-trying-to-help-woman-being-attacked-in-parking-log

The company fired Oswald and the reason given on his termination papers states: "after a violation of company policy on his lunch break, it was determined to end his temporary assignment".

Walmart will give tens of thousands away to thieves due to a shut down on their EBT system but fire a guy like this. What a stupid f'n company.

As long as the law is interpreted in a manner whereby the victim is whoever sustained greater injury and courts believe their role is to facilitate wealth redistribution, we can expect to become a nation of bystanders. Common sense has no place in matters of liability.

Edited by Jauronimo

I had a buddy get arrested for assault, he saw a guy beating a woman and stepped in to help her. He hit the guy a few times and was rewarded with a brick to the head by the woman. When the cops showed up she said she was defending her man from my friend who attacked them for no reason.

I had a buddy get arrested for assault, he saw a guy beating a woman and stepped in to help her. He hit the guy a few times and was rewarded with a brick to the head by the woman. When the cops showed up she said she was defending her man from my friend who attacked them for no reason.

Wow thats crazy! No good deed goes unpunished as my Dad would say.

As long as the law is interpreted in a manner whereby the victim is whoever sustained greater injury and courts believe their role is to facilitate wealth redistribution, we can expect to become a nation of bystanders. Common sense has no place in matters of liability.

Yup. People cheer multi-million dollar lawsuits against companies for the most frivolous things, and then wonder why those same companies enact policies like this one.

Sadly this is not the only story of this kind that I've heard. People are crazy.

Did i ever tell ya i think kmart sucks too

I love KMart. 9 times of 10 you can get the same exact things there from Walmart, and more importantly do not have to deal with the morons. You may get mugged in the parking lot, but hey... it just adds to the fun.