Dr. James Andrews

YoloinOhio

how much longer will he continue to do surgery? he's 71

You have to think he is close to retirement, or at least cutting back on his responsibilities. He probably has someone he is grooming to take his place?

I think there is more to this Gronk story then we are hearing. There is no need to throw Gronk on the field, by any means. The Pats look to be playoff bound again. However, that they are being so mum on this is rather odd. It is the hoodies MO to not seek the spotlight on this stuff but it just has an odd feel to it.

According to the Pats, Andrews is just an outside consultant and did not do his surgery. I started tuning out on the Gronk story once his mom weighed in... but I have to think the Pats didn't expect him to be out this long as they dedicated a roster spot to him and it is now week 7.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to think he is close to retirement, or at least cutting back on his responsibilities. He probably has someone he is grooming to take his place?

According to the Pats, Andrews is just an outside consultant and did not do his surgery. I started tuning out on the Gronk story once his mom weighed in... but I have to think the Pats didn't expect him to be out this long as they dedicated a roster spot to him and it is now week 7.

unless it was over the top strategy to play the "you have to prepare for him" card weekly, they certainly thought hed be back by now or he wouldve been PUP and not taken up the spot for the start of the season. not listing him indicates they thought hed be back in september (i think the atlanta game was honestly the one they had circled).

unless it was over the top strategy to play the "you have to prepare for him" card weekly, they certainly thought hed be back by now or he wouldve been PUP and not taken up the spot for the start of the season. not listing him indicates they thought hed be back in september (i think the atlanta game was honestly the one they had circled).

Supposedly now he is cleared to play by all doctors including Andrews. Now we await his decision.... or is it Belicheck's? Edited by YoloInTheBlo

Supposedly now he is cleared to play by all doctors including Andrews. Now we await his decision.... or is it Belicheck's?

now that hes cleared (and has been practicing for weeks) i dont think this is like byrd were there was a decision to be made. hes going to play.

I don't blame Gronk for having him as his doctor. This guy was literally on the sidelines for RGIII's first game back. He seems to love the spotlight. I wonder if he has a list of guys who he will work on if they get hurt.

He's the Redskins team doctor. I believe he is at every game regardless.

He's regarded as the best orthopedic surgeon in the sports world. He doesn't seek clients out; they seek him out.

Look up the term "pioneer in his field" and you'll see a picture of him in the definition. He literally is the best. And that network he's cultivated is a direct result of the procedures he was perfecting 30-40 years ago and the many high-profile successes he has had. He didn't go looking for his clients, they went looking for him. The network took care if itself.

GO BILLS!!!

Why is that most likely the case? On what grounds have you established the likelihood that Dr. Andrews is less qualified than his peers yet a superior networker?

is there a good reason to assume hes good at networking instead of good at surgery?

as several have pointed out, hes been the best long before espn started putting him on sportscenter

Whoops! I forgot. ESPN/TV portrays him as the best so he must be.

Neither of you 3 know anymore than I do about how good of an orthapedic surgeon this guy is. All i'm trying to say is that before we go crowning him the king of all doctors maybe we should consider that he may NOT be the best.

If I were a betting man I would bet that any of the top 10% of Orthapedic surgeons could do just as good a job as this guy does. Its likely at that point that its not his actual work that sets him apart from the rest. Its likely his mouth, his associations, AND his reputation.(Hence Networking) So whether its Tom, Dick, or Andrews I don't give a F***. Im just sick of hearing about him.

Whoops! I forgot. ESPN/TV portrays him as the best so he must be.

Neither of you 3 know anymore than I do about how good of an orthapedic surgeon this guy is. All i'm trying to say is that before we go crowning him the king of all doctors maybe we should consider that he may NOT be the best.

If I were a betting man I would bet that any of the top 10% of Orthapedic surgeons could do just as good a job as this guy does. Its likely at that point that its not his actual work that sets him apart from the rest. Its likely his mouth, his associations, AND his reputation.(Hence Networking) So whether its Tom, Dick, or Andrews I don't give a F***. Im just sick of hearing about him.

Whoops, you also forgot that, unlike you, I refrained from talking out of my ass and making bold declarations about his qualifications as a physician since I know nothing about his work. I guess you missed the part where K-9 and NoSaint demonstrated that they do indeed have knowledge of his work and history of outcomes. Why don't you think before you spout off on topics that you have little to no understanding of, or at the very least, quit before you embarrass yourself any further?

Whoops, you also forgot that, unlike you, I refrained from talking out of my ass and making bold declarations about his qualifications as a physician since I know nothing about his work. I guess you missed the part where K-9 and NoSaint demonstrated that they do indeed have knowledge of his work and history of outcomes. Why don't you think before you spout off on topics that you have little to no understanding of, or at the very least, quit before you embarrass yourself any further?

+ 1 !!!!!!!!!!

his spouting off made all the less credible by use of the word "orthapedic" ......(sic)

+ 1 !!!!!!!!!!

his spouting off made all the less credible by use of the word "orthapedic" ......(sic)

We are spell checking the thread about Dr. Andrews?? Im out of my league.

Ok guys I see it your way. Andrews must be the best Orthopedic surgeon available to the NFL.

Carry on

Ok guys I see it your way. Andrews must be the best Orthopedic surgeon available to the NFL.

Carry on

You are indeed out of your league, but spelling is the least of your problems. Way to miss the point again. If you talk out of your ass and spew baseless speculation on matters which can easily be researched, you're going to have a bad time.

You are indeed out of your league, but spelling is the least of your problems. Way to miss the point again. If you talk out of your ass and spew baseless speculation on matters which can easily be researched, you're going to have a bad time.

I googled it and whattta ya knoww???

Andrews is the best!

I googled it and whattta ya knoww???

Andrews is the best!

Pro athletes with unlimited means seem to think so and trust him with their careers. I'm sure they'll be happy to know that you concur with their assessment.

Edited by Jauronimo

Carry on

if he is not the best he is very much in the elite class. procedures that are now common place, he was on the cutting edge of developing from all ive gathered (i found his status as the big name in so many stories curious enough to read more instead of get bitter).

the work he did putting roger clemens back together in the 80s really catapulted him into that rock star athlete doctor status - but he didnt get that shot by dumb luck, he got it by doing things that your average guy wasnt and he hasnt kept that reputation without being great. he got, and has kept his sterling reputation because his track record has been FANTASTIC.

are there other great surgeons? surely, i dont think anyone has denied that. has espn hyped him excessively? probably. but when billionaires are dealing with treatment on guys that are getting hundred million dollar deals they arent just picking their friend, or a guy that shares their agent or someone that was featured on sportscenter -- they are picking the best guy around, and very often that is considered to be him.

if you want to argue theres a payton manning to his tom brady, or that theres a new young guy thats hitting cutting edge territory hes not - have at it but i dont think its fair to write him off as just another guy that is there because he knows the right people - he knows the right people because hes saved their careers.

Edited by NoSaint

if he is not the best he is very much in the elite class. procedures that are now common place, he was on the cutting edge of developing from all ive gathered (i found his status as the big name in so many stories curious enough to read more instead of get bitter).

the work he did putting roger clemens back together in the 80s really catapulted him into that rock star athlete doctor status - but he didnt get that shot by dumb luck, he got it by doing things that your average guy wasnt and he hasnt kept that reputation without being great. he got, and has kept his sterling reputation because his track record has been FANTASTIC.

are there other great surgeons? surely, i dont think anyone has denied that. has espn hyped him excessively? probably. but when billionaires are dealing with treatment on guys that are getting hundred million dollar deals they arent just picking their friend, or a guy that shares their agent or someone that was featured on sportscenter -- they are picking the best guy around, and very often that is considered to be him.

if you want to argue theres a payton manning to his tom brady, or that theres a new young guy thats hitting cutting edge territory hes not - have at it but i dont think its fair to write him off as just another guy that is there because he knows the right people - he knows the right people because hes saved their careers.

I'll give you that. He has saved some pretty high profile careers. He didn't get where he is because he didn't deserve it.