Dr. James Andrews

YoloinOhio

I find this annoying as well. Its most likely that he is NOT the best available physician big name players can find. He's probably just a really good networker with agents, players, teams, and media.

is there a good reason to assume hes good at networking instead of good at surgery?

as several have pointed out, hes been the best long before espn started putting him on sportscenter

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I find this annoying as well. Its most likely that he is NOT the best available physician big name players can find. He's probably just a really good networker with agents, players, teams, and media.

Pro athlete injuries are a big deal. The teams have invested a lot of money in the player, and the player's career (and future paydays) is on the line. Of course they are going to go to the best, and that is Andrews. If it wasn't, you would be hearing someone else's name, but you don't, and it's not because he's good at "networking" - it's because he knows what he's doing. Virtually every pitcher with an elbow or shoulder problem sees him.

I think there is more to this Gronk story then we are hearing. There is no need to throw Gronk on the field, by any means. The Pats look to be playoff bound again. However, that they are being so mum on this is rather odd. It is the hoodies MO to not seek the spotlight on this stuff but it just has an odd feel to it.

My sister had 3 unsuccessful shoulder reconstructions during an 24 month period in high school. It was really messed up bad. Her 4th reconstruction was done by dr. Andrews. 15 years later and she's still good to go. His name can be dropped forever for all I care.

He rebuilt Hope Solo's shoulder in 2011, from what would have been a career-ending state, to world-class

I have to say that not only is this thread ill-informed & petty, it is based on nothing but conjecture and apparently some envy. The OP and this comment by eme123 stand out in this thread stand out for their complete absurdity. There are plenty of reasons why Andrews is and has been and the top of the orthopedic world for many years, the most important being his innovation and results he gets for his patients. But if your tiny heads feel better by posting on a Bills board that he merely an attention-grabbing networker, then I can only imagine today is a REALLY slow news day which you felt would benefit from an utterly inane thread about Dr. James Andrews.

This is right up there as an all-time piss poor thread......

Dr-James-Andrews-Shanahan-RGIII-Meet_The_Matts.jpg

I kind of felt bad for Shanahan (first time ever) when he and Andrews were going back and forth about whether RG3 was ready to play. First it was Shanahan saying he was fine in the playoff game and playing him and the doctor coming out in the media after the fact and saying he should not have been in the game, then in the preseason the doctor kept saying he was cleared and Griffin wanted to play (Operations Patience T-shirt) and Shan refused to put him out there until game 1. I wonder if he regrets giving him some preseason PT after his slow start. Such a tough call.

There was actually rumor a few years ago that Erin was his daughter.

All I know is, I don't ever want to to hear Dr. James Andrews and EJ Manuel in the same sentence.

I'll say if ej ever does have a serious injury I'll feel best hearing Andrews is handling it. Obviously it would be terrible news he was hurt but I'd feel optimistic about it being handled as well as possible atleast