South Park misses deadline due to power outage

/dev/null

That much on the line, & they don't think a few thousand for UPSes (Uninterrupted Power Source) is a worthwhile precaution? :doh:

at some point, one would think theyd game plan for it.

watched a film about the process and how they bring an episode start to finish in such a tight window and it was pretty interesting. may simply be a product of low budget beginnings and getting away with it for so long that they didnt cover the bases as best they could.

it's amazing that they wait until the last minute...but i guess it helps with their timiiness of the jokes.

I think it also hurt the timelessness of their show. I'm already at a point where I don't get the references from a few seasons ago. Seasons 1-8 stood alone and didn't rely on fleeting pop culture spoofs.

Here we go - imdb had it the name is six days to air

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2076781/

I think it also hurt the timelessness of their show. I'm already at a point where I don't get the references from a few seasons ago. Seasons 1-8 stood alone and didn't rely on fleeting pop culture spoofs.

after, what, 73 seasons(?) -- it gets hard to generate timeless material. i think youd be hardpressed to find anyone cranking out material at that volume that isnt getting some cheap pop culture to lean on.

Here we go - imdb had it the name is six days to air

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2076781/

after, what, 73 seasons(?) -- it gets hard to generate timeless material. i think youd be hardpressed to find anyone cranking out material at that volume that isnt getting some cheap pop culture to lean on.

Thats why both the Simpsons and South Park should have bowed out gracefully and their creators gone on to new projects long ago.

Thats why both the Simpsons and South Park should have bowed out gracefully and their creators gone on to new projects long ago.

The Simpsons has brought in writers often. It used to be a big deal to be a writer on the Simpsons. It's not the same today, but it is a classic show. I am still a huge fan of the show.

South Park is still a good show, it's creative edginess has waned as other shows play catch up. But, Family Guy, on the other hand is getting worse. The characters used to be diverse and not just idiots. The last new episode a week or so ago with little Peter was the worst episode of anything I may have ever seen. Stupid. I give Family Guy two more years.

South Park is still a good show, it's creative edginess has waned as other shows play catch up. But, Family Guy, on the other hand is getting worse.

Yeah South Park isn't quite what it used to be but its still a great show. Family Guy on the other hand has been getting progressively worse. American Dad started getting good a couple seasons ago then got stale and Cleveland, meh

Yeah South Park isn't quite what it used to be but its still a great show. Family Guy on the other hand has been getting progressively worse. American Dad started getting good a couple seasons ago then got stale and Cleveland, meh

I'd rather have The Cleveland Show still on and get rid of The Simpsons.

I'd rather have The Cleveland Show still on and get rid of The Simpsons.

Keep the Simpsons, doesn't hurt anything at 8. If you miss it you won't be upset. I do not like Bob's burgers. That's when I shower, or get ready for my week or check out SNF. At 9 it's family guy, between Family Guy and American Dad I get in bed. If it is a good American Dad I watch, if not I turn to King of The Hill on Adult Swim.

http://www.cracked.com/funny-3882-5-examples-family-guy-going-downhill/http://www.cracked.com/funny-3882-5-examples-family-guy-going-downhill/

That says it all about Family Guy.

Trying to find an article I found that in the Fall of 2014 the Simpsons and Family Guy will do a double header deal where the Family Guy Family travels to Springfield.

Keep the Simpsons, doesn't hurt anything at 8. If you miss it you won't be upset. I do not like Bob's burgers. That's when I shower, or get ready for my week or check out SNF. At 9 it's family guy, between Family Guy and American Dad I get in bed. If it is a good American Dad I watch, if not I turn to King of The Hill on Adult Swim.

http://www.cracked.com/funny-3882-5-examples-family-guy-going-downhill/http://www.cracked.com/funny-3882-5-examples-family-guy-going-downhill/

That says it all about Family Guy.

Trying to find an article I found that in the Fall of 2014 the Simpsons and Family Guy will do a double header deal where the Family Guy Family travels to Springfield.

I feel like that was a lot of personal details. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I feel like that was a lot of personal details. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

You don't understand, Sunday nights are like my favorite time of the week. It's the only time where at least 48-49 nights a year where I have a set pattern and can take time for myself. Any other night it's farm, gym, misc. Sunday night, don't mess with my Sunday night.

You don't understand, Sunday nights are like my favorite time of the week. It's the only time where at least 48-49 nights a year where I have a set pattern and can take time for myself. Any other night it's farm, gym, misc. Sunday night, don't mess with my Sunday night.

Duly noted. I think its a safe bet I won't interfere with it, but if I do i accept any consequences as you did adequately warn.

(Joking aside, I get it- we all have those moments/routines)

I'm also a fox Sunday addict....I also have my 22 yo son that keeps me current on south park...all of them are awesome TV and I don't want any of them to go away

I'm also a fox Sunday addict....I also have my 22 yo son that keeps me current on south park...all of them are awesome TV and I don't want any of them to go away

King of the Hill has really got to me in the last year or so. I never was a follower of the show the when it was on Fox but on Adult Swim, maybe it is just the way the evening begins to unwind for me in the 9:30ish range that a soft simple show can relax me. It's a good show and fun.