Favorite Music Video (as an early teen)

BringBackFergy

Good find.

Yeah... I just happened to grab it right after the Fins and before the Rams... Real quick... But you can make out Rich, The Jills, and what I still think are the best unis: White helmet, blue facemasks... Has to be late 1970's-early 1980's... I think Walk of Life (Brothers in Arms) came out in 1985... That was start of red helmet era... They used slightly older footage! Pretty cool!

Maybe I was too subtle saying a video had an "effect" on me (i.e. watching that lady sprawl over the hood of the car, do splits, etc). I love the Dire Straights video but it never struck me as a "wow" video as a teenager looking for any saliva inducing female performances. Don't get me wrong, "Walk of Life" is a great message...but in my early teen years I was looking for "things" in a video other than a message... :blush:

Edited by BringBackFergy

Maybe I was too subtle saying a video had an "effect" on me (i.e. watching that lady sprawl over the hood of the car, do splits, etc). I love the Dire Straights video but it never struck me as a "wow" video as a teenager looking for any saliva inducing female performances. Don't get me wrong, "Walk of Life" is a great message...but in my early teen years I was looking for "things" in a video other than a message... :blush:

I see...

I was just going off the title: "Favorite Music Video (as an early teen)."

You really want to know which music videos were boner inducing to a 15 year old? I probably could've gotten an "effect" from Tears in Heaven back then.

Stop the video at :41 there are things!!!

I remember the Monkees. I was about 11. During one of the songs, my brother, who is now 45, was about 5-6 months old and was bobbing his head to the music.

A lot of people say the Beatles started the video, they played the songs from their movies. Actually during the 40s, they had "Soundies".

He is a clip from the Blockbuster site.

Synopsis Of Soundies: A Musical History

Soundies: A Musical History collects a number of short musical films that played on a film jukebox called Panoram in the 1940s. Many consider these films to be the very first music videos, and this documentary includes appearances by some of the most beloved musical artists of all time including Louis Armstrong. ~ Perry Seibert, Rovi

Complete Cast Of Soundies: A Musical History

We used to tape "Rage" a music video show shown on 1 of the 2 channels we had as kids growing up in the country. My oldest sister wax a Duran Duran fan. I caught "Girls on Film" video one night & ...

I had never seen that video. Just looked it up on YouTube...all I can say is "wow". Here's another oldie but a goodie:

Ha. Haven't seen that one in a long time. Friend of mine used to be in Green Jelly when they were still Green Jello.

Watching it now, 20 years later, I find the my threshold for comedy has shifted a bit since I was nine.

Either way, it's a music video that really stands out in my conscious memory.