Blue and yellow lines distracting

1billsfan

Travis tripped over the blue one once or twice.

The networks feel compelled to add to the info that they provide each year. We've got the clock, down and distance, score, yellow lines, blue lines, telestrators, arrows, continuous updates of other games crawling along the bottom of the screen and on and on. Pretty soon all the stuff will overtake the actual game action.

What is the Red line for? Not in hockey either.

208710[/snapback]

the only times i've seen the red line in football is to show where the team needs to get to, to be within reasonable FG range for the kicker...and thats usually only at the end of a half or a game...

the only times i've seen the red line in football is to show where the team needs to get to, to be within reasonable FG range for the kicker...and thats usually only at the end of a half or a game...

208723[/snapback]

Thanks....did not think it was the red zone...but I cannot follow all the freakin lines.

Was anybody else distracted by the giant blue and yellow line markers on the field? They were enlarged and neon. Yuck! Tone it down CBS.

208454[/snapback]

I agree. With yesterday's field conditions, the lines were probably helpful. But in general, if you need the lines, you shouldn't be watching the game!!!

While they might be annoying to some, I like them for several reasons and I am pretty sure there is not a bigger NFL / Bills enthusiast than myself. First, it makes it super easy to teach my kids a bit about the flow of the game. We are trying to raise Bills fans right? The lines actually make it easy to point out key landmarks.

Second, Bobblehead, my wife, yesterday, literally and seriously asked if the lines were on the field and whose job was it to move it all the time. :doh:

The lines are so NOT a high stakes issue, it is the on-the-field play that matters.

Second, Bobblehead, my wife, yesterday, literally and seriously asked if the lines were on the field and whose job was it to move it all the time. :doh:

208860[/snapback]

:( I'm just waiting to go to a game and hear someone go "Where are the blue and yellow lines? All the other stadiums have them."

Travis tripped over the blue one once or twice.

The networks feel compelled to add to the info that they provide each year.  We've got the clock, down and distance, score, yellow lines, blue lines, telestrators, arrows, continuous updates of other games crawling along the bottom of the screen and on and on.  Pretty soon all the stuff will overtake the actual game action.

208465[/snapback]

that what happened to him

Second, Bobblehead, my wife, yesterday, literally and seriously asked if the lines were on the field and whose job was it to move it all the time. :)

208860[/snapback]

Bobblehead's your wife? Wow, secrets of TSW revealed.