ESPN 30 for 30 No Mas: Leonard vs Duran

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My brother worked that fight for UPI. I sat in the upper blues dead center

I thought Hawk Time had possibly killed Arguello in the ring at the end of that fight.

Panama lewis was in pryors corner? Edited by roush

Used to follow all the divisions. Man i used go to the close circuit events

I saw the Leonard vs Hagler fight on close circuit in 87 and still have the Fight Program. Those were great days for boxing. Still argue with other boxing fans from time to time who believe that Leonard won.

I saw the Leonard vs Hagler fight on close circuit in 87 and still have the Fight Program. Those were great days for boxing. Still argue with other boxing fans from time to time who believe that Leonard won.

The only thing he won was the last 12 seconds of most rounds

I liked both of them, but thought it sucked that SRL ducked Hagler for so long and only decided to make the fight when he thought Hagler was past his prime.

I wanted marvin to win

The only thing he won was the last 12 seconds of most rounds

IMO it wasn't enough for him to win a decision.

God, I hated Leonard after this fight. Looking back now, I can see how smart he was actually. He ran, ran, ran all night, and his little ineffectual flurries at the end of the round gave the perception that he won rounds. Watch that fight with no sound (turn of the commentators) and do your own scoring of blows landed and you will see just how bad the judges were that night. Was it Letterman that had it 118-110 or some other preposterous score?