(OT) No Bills, No Sopranos & No Sabres

Justice

other than Lost. How about soccer? Billions of people can't be wrong. Right? Hell yeah they can! Soccer blows. Baseball? I can't seem to pick a team to root for. I'm from Buffalo, where there is no professional baseball, so it's hard to jump on a bandwagon. I thought I'd be a Marlin fan or a Bosox fan but, they won a championship, and that wouldn't be right. Maybe I'll just be a Cub fan. I know, I'm a glutton for a punishment!

But really, what else is there to watch to help pass the time until September?

other than Lost. How about soccer? Billions of people can't be wrong. Right? Hell yeah they can! Soccer blows. Baseball? I can't seem to pick a team to root for. I'm from Buffalo, where there is no professional baseball, so it's hard to jump on a bandwagon. I thought I'd be a Marlin fan or a Bosox fan but, they won a championship, and that wouldn't be right. Maybe I'll just be a Cub fan. I know, I'm a glutton for a punishment!

208393[/snapback]

The Mets are up and coming.....join us! Ya gotta believe!

Check out Veronica Mars, Tuesday evening on UPN. It's a *very* good show, one of the best on television today.

http://www.upn.com/shows/veronica_mars_tmpl/

Not as good as Lost, but definately a close second. It has a season-long story arch, similar to Lost. Even the actors aren't given more than a couple of scripts at a time so that they can't spill the beans.

The Pilot episode is re-airing this Tuesday, so it's a great way to get introduced to the show.

If you'd prefer to see what may have been the *best* television show of *all time* (that Fox killed after only 13 or so episodes...), check out Firefly:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...&s=dvd&n=507846

It's been out for well over a year and it's still 149th overall in terms of sales on Amazon. Amazing story archs (that weren't finished...), great character development, etc. You'll watch and wonder why it was cancelled. Everyone who I've told about the show has absolutely fallen in love with it, and it has a 5-star ratigin on Amazon with 1,193 reviews. On the bright side, Universal bought the movie rights - so after you're done with the DVD, you'll have a feature film to look forward to in September (it's already been filmed).

http://www.serenitymovie.com

CW

208393[/snapback]

'24' isn't bad. Beyond the realm of belief, but an interesting action show. Stuff gets blow'd up at times.

Also, there is a new Ken Burns gig coming out this week, I think, about the first black heavyweight champion in boxing. Should be interesting.

Baseball? I can't seem to pick a team to root for. I'm from Buffalo, where there is no professional baseball, so it's hard to jump on a bandwagon. I thought I'd be a Marlin fan or a Bosox fan but, they won a championship, and that wouldn't be right. Maybe I'll just be a Cub fan. I know, I'm a glutton for a punishment!

208393[/snapback]

Try my beloved Cleveland Indians. The Tribe hasn't won a title since 1948, and they have come agonizingly close in recent years (read: 1997). Just like the Bills.

They have a young, up-and-coming team that's really a lot of fun to watch. Again, just like the Bills...

If not baseball, get the first three seasons of "Seinfeld" on DVD, and watch them over & over again...including the deleted scenes and extras. That should pass the time during the long, cold winter.

Mike

Here's a novel idea....get a life away from the boob tube and your computer monitor!!

How about actually doing something - say a hobby - or go somewhere and do something interesting. Read a book, play guitar, karate instruction, excersize, cooking, meet some people, take a continuing ed. class.

Damn - there's a million things to do besides watching the dopey crap that's on TV.

Network broadcast TV has all but run out of original ideas for fictional stories, so they come up with 'reality shows', top 100 lists, the making of..., award shows, various takes on makeovers (people, houses, cars, etc.), or an instant made for TV movie/miniseries about some news event we recently got sick of hearing about(see: Jon Benet, OJ, Mary Beth Laturno, Elizabeth Smart, etc)

If for some reason I couldn't watch TV again until football season, I'd be just fine with that. There are so many other things to do.

Best of luck in the outside world.

Try watching the best show that no one is watching: Arrested Development.

208635[/snapback]

I missed the last 15 minutes of it last weekend. How did it end? Last thing I remember is GOB and Michael talking about the mitt the other business owner gave GOB.

Here's a novel idea....get a life away from the boob tube and your computer monitor!!

That's funny, considering you're using a computer to type that... :doh:

I still say everyone needs to watch Firefly on DVD.

CW