It's tough being oppressed

If you are a Liberal and support social welfare, etc, how can you honestly look in the mirror and do things knowingly that skip out on taxes... and one of them called me specifically about voting for Prop 66 to raises taxes for schools... !@#$ that.

because unlike you, many people don't make such considerations when spending other people's money.

Edited by Azalin

When you factor in income tax, property taxes, school taxes, sales tax.... It has to be close to 50% of your gross income spent solely on taxes.

Which makes the fact that every level of government being broke as hell seem all that much more ludicrous. But Birddog and gatortard think the government actually needs more money/power and that the Tea Party is somehow the problem. :lol:

When you factor in income tax, property taxes, school taxes, sales tax.... It has to be close to 50% of your gross income spent solely on taxes.

Well obviously it depends on how much you make and where you live. But this is why you need to live in a southern state where income tax is prohibited by the constitution and funding schools is an afterthought. Plus the weather is warm and the water nice. :)

Walmart to Get Stuck With Most of Food Stamp Shopping Spree

The Louisiana Department of Children and Family Services' spokesman Trey Williams said the retailers who chose not to use the emergency procedures that limit sales up to $50 per cardholder during an emergency would be responsible for any additional amount spent over eligible benefit balances. Following the policy clarification by the Louisiana Department of Children and Family Services, Walmart told ABCNews.com the incident was "isolated" and the company doesn't believe it had any material impact to its U.S. business.

Unlike Walmart, other grocery stores in town told customers they would not accept EBT cards until the card limits were evident again, Hobbs said.

In a different state....

Miss. Walmart may press charges in EBT card glitch

Walmart has not ruled out pressing charges against customers who allegedly attempted to walk out of one of its Mississippi stores with groceries that hadn’t been paid for after a computer glitch left them unable to use their food stamp cards.

I love my family and friends, but I abhor hearing this type of stuff. What really pisses me off is when they go on about Liberal causes and raising taxes and such... seriously, how hypocritical can you be? If you are a Liberal and support social welfare, etc, how can you honestly look in the mirror and do things knowingly that skip out on taxes... and one of them called me specifically about voting for Prop 66 to raises taxes for schools... !@#$ that.

I know I support HCR and vote Democrat for now, but I have no tolerance of that ****, and if anything, don't advertise it!

It's easy. I've said it once I've said it a thousand times. It's easy for libs to be hypocrites. They all know what's best for others which of course is beneath them. See the Congressional exemption for the ACA.

50%??? :w00t:

It's easy. I've said it once I've said it a thousand times. It's easy for libs to be hypocrites. They all know what's best for others which of course is beneath them. See the Congressional exemption for the ACA.

50%??? :w00t:

Does that face denote you pay much more, or my estimate is ludicrously high?

I do believe the implication is that 50% of total income going to pay all the various taxes falls shy of the actual amount. if you count things like how much oil/fuel/energy tax is reflected in the cost of say, fresh produce at the grocery store. there's the tax on diesel fuel for shipping the produce, fuel tax on the electricity generated to refrigerate it, property tax paid by the store that sells it, and on & on. they all figure into the equation as business costs, but they're still taxes that are ultimately paid by the consumer.

some people are aware.....or at least suspect....how much of their income is actually going to taxes, but I believe most people would be shocked at how high that number really is.

Most pay more. Take a look at all your bills and see all the taxes and taxes disguised as fees you pay. Collect all your receipts on everything you buy for a month and total up your sales tax. Your calital gains (long term and short term) on all your investments. And in SF the add a nice little "Healthy San Francisco" surcharge (tax) of 4% on to your restaurant bill on top of the 9% sales tax. I have never totaled it all up for fear I might kill someone.