It's tough being oppressed

I think Walmart handled it as best as they could. imagine the PR nightmare had Walmart decided to suspend all sales until their system was back up. they would have been lambasted as being uncaring and greedy, denying poor people their food.

how can people not be disgusted by the behavior of those 'shoppers'?

Walmart never presses charges. And they're doing just fine if you hadn't noticed.

And the 'shoppers' here are acting like dirtbags. They steal as much stuff as they can until the announcement is made and then leave their overstuffed carts anywhere they choose. Stay classy 'shoppers.'

And the 'shoppers' here are acting like dirtbags. They steal as much stuff as they can until the announcement is made and then leave their overstuffed carts anywhere they choose. Stay classy 'shoppers.'

Of course. I was mainly responding to Azalin there.

Of course. I was mainly responding to Azalin there.

why not respond with a little specificity? are you saying that because Walmart is 'doing fine' that it's okay to steal from them? is the implication that it's okay to try to scam Walmart if you're on government assistance? all I said was that Walmart was smart by not denying any of them food because they'd be eaten alive in the media had they done otherwise. I imagine that you know that as well as anyone else.

apparently having a sense of honor or personal integrity is a radical concept, since Walmart was willing to take these people at their word under circumstances where most merchants would not.

maybe you're just peeved because I think people who do things like that are trash?

why not respond with a little specificity? are you saying that because Walmart is 'doing fine' that it's okay to steal from them? is the implication that it's okay to try to scam Walmart if you're on government assistance? all I said was that Walmart was smart by not denying any of them food because they'd be eaten alive in the media had they done otherwise. I imagine that you know that as well as anyone else.

apparently having a sense of honor or personal integrity is a radical concept, since Walmart was willing to take these people at their word under circumstances where most merchants would not.

maybe you're just peeved because I think people who do things like that are trash?

Or maybe I'm just pointing out that Walmart has a very public record of how to deal with theft in their circumstance, and it's to deal with it the same way they did here. The same way they always do. So calm down there peppy. Or we can all enjoy being outraged about this story, b/c it is so surprising, and we all must get worked up over every news story we see b/c it is very important stuff.

Or maybe I'm just pointing out that Walmart has a very public record of how to deal with theft in their circumstance, and it's to deal with it the same way they did here. The same way they always do. So calm down there peppy. Or we can all enjoy being outraged about this story, b/c it is so surprising, and we all must get worked up over every news story we see b/c it is very important stuff.

who the hell knows what you're trying to point out with your oblique and smarmy little 'Walmart never presses charges blah, blah, blah...' BillsFanM.D. said pretty much the same thing I did, and when he called you out, you quoted him, yet claim to be responding 'mainly' to me. that's a dodge, and a lame one at that.

So all purchases were still tracked.... So it seems the only rationale thought here would be to suspend allocating money to the people's cards who rang up the huge purchases until their account balances back out.

That being said, rational thought rarely enters into these equations and they will likely get away with it.

So all purchases were still tracked.... So it seems the only rationale thought here would be to suspend allocating money to the people's cards who rang up the huge purchases until their account balances back out.

That being said, rational thought rarely enters into these equations and they will likely get away with it.

agreed on both points.

Think of the children though.

Is it really any different than my cousin who writes off vacations on her taxes because she claims she was at a conference for work, when I know damn well we didn;t spend a minute sober the whole time, and there were no conferences in town?

Is it any different than my wife's aunt and uncle who claim they give thousands to Goodwill every year, year after year?

Is it any different than my friends who pay their Full Time Nanny under the table, when she gets Subsidized Housing, got a Taxpayer funded Spine Fusion and 2 months of disability, and my friends brag about getting "creative" on their taxes with their accontant?

Its all the same mentality, shameful.

Is it really any different than my cousin who writes off vacations on her taxes because she claims she was at a conference for work, when I know damn well we didn;t spend a minute sober the whole time, and there were no conferences in town?

Is it any different than my wife's aunt and uncle who claim they give thousands to Goodwill every year, year after year?

Is it any different than my friends who pay their Full Time Nanny under the table, when she gets Subsidized Housing, got a Taxpayer funded Spine Fusion and 2 months of disability, and my friends brag about getting "creative" on their taxes with their accontant?

Its all the same mentality, shameful.

You have a very corrupt family.

Edited by Gary M

You have a very corrupt family.

I love my family and friends, but I abhor hearing this type of stuff. What really pisses me off is when they go on about Liberal causes and raising taxes and such... seriously, how hypocritical can you be? If you are a Liberal and support social welfare, etc, how can you honestly look in the mirror and do things knowingly that skip out on taxes... and one of them called me specifically about voting for Prop 66 to raises taxes for schools... !@#$ that.

I know I support HCR and vote Democrat for now, but I have no tolerance of that ****, and if anything, don't advertise it!