My gameday prognostications...

The Senator

Defensive STRUGGLE all the way - 17-10 BILLS

Difference makers:

FredEx - grinding it out today

Kiko - timely pick

Goodwin sets up the offense with a short field on a couple of scoring drives.

Their TE's are a mismatch....we must shut them down.

Edited by filthymcnasty08

I see you guys have started your drinking early today. Hope everyone has fun and stays dry. I think it will be a close game but our offense won't get it done unless we can establish the run early. We need another big game out of the D too. If we can hold them to under 20 points we have a chance

I find it interesting how most "experts" pick the Bengals to win convincingly with 20+ or in many cases 30+ points. This is a team that scored 20 points COMBINED in the last two weeks. With Byrd and maybe Gilmore back, the Bills defense is better than the Pats and as good as the Browns, who shut down CIN's offense the last two weeks. Plus, they are in Buffalo where the Bengals have not beaten the Bills since the 1980's.

I get it that Thad Lewis is a big question mark and that the Bills might struggle to score, but this team is built around defense and the run. If Lewis can avoid too many mistakes, I give him as much a chance in this game as I would if E.J. were playing (and as you can tell by my name, I am an E.J. fan). The Bengals are a good team, but they are winless on the road and are definitely a beatable team. I see turnovers/special teams being the difference, with the advantage in both of those battles going to the home team.

Plus, Bills have to want it more. Tough part of the schedule coming up with a chance to be 3-3 and only one game out in the division (if the Pats lose). This is a big game for this team and I expect them to play hard and well.

Bills win 18-14.

What's with the new guy bringing levelheaded, well thought out content? In complete sentences and paragraphs, no less?

I'm betting this is going to be a defensive slugfest, a real low-scoring pitchers duel, which I love. Turnovers and/or special teams will be the key, two areas in which we have the ability to shine.

Let's Go Buffalo! See you at the Ralph!

Balll control game with the Bills pulling it out in the end 13 to 10

I hope you like punts and 3 yards and a cloud of dust football. Thad the Impaler throws to pick up a big first down late. I am looking forward to it, I guess I have a serious douse of Bills Fever.

Lol if we scored 38 with Thad then EJ will have a long time to heal because we will have found our new starting QB. You guys are funny though. I will be shocked if we score 2 td's against their D. I expect Moorman to be the player of the game, which isn't a good thing

Besides rain, I predict...

Buffalo Bills 51

Cincinnati Bengals 0

See y'all at The Ralph in a few hours...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

16 and 3 baby!!!!! :beer:

I love the optimism but a 1 start practice squad qb and a banged up team overall against a cinci team thats pretty damn good in all phases spells doom to me. Cinci 31 Buff 9....that bein said I wouldnt mint eating crow but just bein realistic.

Lol if we scored 38 with Thad then EJ will have a long time to heal because we will have found our new starting QB. You guys are funny though. I will be shocked if we score 2 td's against their D. I expect Moorman to be the player of the game, which isn't a good thing

I totally agree with you. On paper there is absolutely no evidence to point to the Bills scoring more then 2 td's. A QB making his second start on a team he has been with for about 6 weeks. A banged up running back wide out and a OCord who is still progressing.

Couple those things with Cincy's D and it does not look pretty.

Also we all feel good about the secondary coming back together some what. Kiko playing good and Mario. All things point to a D battle.

just ready for it to be 1 and get it going!

I think we have a chance don't get me wrong, we just can't expect much from a practice squad qb with 1 week of reps. Thad is going to be asked to "manage the game" aka hand it off to Fred and CJ 40 times and maybe throw some short passes here and there when needed. We are really going to need some big plays on defense and special teams. It's not going to be the prettiest game but hopefully we can steal a victory today. A win is a win and we need one bad

I find it interesting how most "experts" pick the Bengals to win convincingly with 20+ or in many cases 30+ points.

They probably aren't spending too much time "analyzing" this game. They figure the Bils were struggling with Manuel, and now they have a practice squad QB starting and that he is probably a practice squad guy for a reason.

But I see a low scoring game. The Bungles stack the box and stop the run forcing Thad to beat them in the air, which is doubtful that he can do. The Bungles offense isn't "all that" either, plus with the Bills D getting healthier I can't see them scoring much.

If the Bills D gets some turnovers deep in the Bungles end that lead to Bills FGs (or pic-six) the Bills can win this. If not, it should go to the bad guys.

after reading that article about the Bengals top 10 3rd down efficiency its pretty clear that if we don't get off the field on 3rd down on Defense, it wont really matter what we do on offense. It will be a long day. Ultimately don't think we get it done Bengals 21 Bills 6. As much as I hate to say it.

after reading that article about the Bengals top 10 3rd down efficiency its pretty clear that if we don't get off the field on 3rd down on Defense, it wont really matter what we do on offense. It will be a long day. Ultimately don't think we get it done Bengals 21 Bills 6. As much as I hate to say it.

It's definitely been a real problem for the Defense.

But having our secondary intact for the first time this year could end up making a significant difference.

But having our secondary intact for the first time this year could end up making a significant difference.

Lets hope they play the entire game at a high level. The D is going to get tested because i bet Lewis does not think the Bills can score often. Expect Lewis to try and get a big lead early and then come after Thad.

Having Gilmore back for the 1st time is such a big upgrade in my opinion over any DB we have on the field, it really could have a significant impact on the game today.

Secondary's swagger is back...

Edited by dog14787