Official Bills Only-Talk Thread - PPP Style

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't able to watch the whole game but caught the last quarter.

I think this team will be successful if they continue on this path.

I missed the whole game. What could possibly have happened in that game to give you the opinion they're going to be successful. Unless of course you're being sarcastic.

I missed the whole game. What could possibly have happened in that game to give you the opinion they're going to be successful. Unless of course you're being sarcastic.

The good guys defense played very well into the 2nd quarter. The offense also moved the ball, but turnovers and penalties called and not called really put them in a bind. This team is not anything like the team of the last decade. Even the announcers gave kudos to the Bills and said that they were gutsy and would be a team to be reckoned with.(This was after giving Brees a bj) Anyway Sue, watch the !@#$ing game if you want to be qualified to comment on it. :w00t:

Y'know, I get that you stopped following the Bills, but why do you keep wondering why the rest of us follow them? Many of us weren't expecting them to be successful, but rather continue to show progress in the right direction, which they absolutely did. There is genuine reason to be optimistic long-term.

Yes, it can all fall down again, but so be it. Hell, it's fun to watch just to see our defense flying around the way they do. They hit hard and have a little bit of nasty in them. Alonso loves to hit, even if you're already down. Mario WIlliams is a stud this year, and the best part is not only is everyone getting healthy, but the second half of the season looks to be pretty winnable when you consider the teams left; Steelers, Falcons, Jags, Bucs, Jets, Fish...all of them very winnable and a great opportunity to see Manuel get back in the game.

You're missing some good stuff being built.

The good guys defense played very well into the 2nd quarter. The offense also moved the ball, but turnovers and penalties called and not called really put them in a bind. This team is not anything like the team of the last decade. Even the announcers gave kudos to the Bills and said that they were gutsy and would be a team to be reckoned with.(This was after giving Brees a bj) Anyway Sue, watch the !@#$ing game if you want to be qualified to comment on it. :w00t:

So what you're saying this team would be good if it weren't for those damn 30 plus minutes of game they didn't play well, the fact that they had turnovers and penalties? You guys deserve each other.

So what you're saying this team would be good if it weren't for those damn 30 plus minutes of game they didn't play well, the fact that they had turnovers and penalties? You guys deserve each other.

Guy who didn't watch the game yet has strong opinions about their performance based on next to nothing and no one agrees with him? You deserve no one.

Y'know, I get that you stopped following the Bills, but why do you keep wondering why the rest of us follow them? Many of us weren't expecting them to be successful, but rather continue to show progress in the right direction, which they absolutely did. There is genuine reason to be optimistic long-term.

Yes, it can all fall down again, but so be it. Hell, it's fun to watch just to see our defense flying around the way they do. They hit hard and have a little bit of nasty in them. Alonso loves to hit, even if you're already down. Mario WIlliams is a stud this year, and the best part is not only is everyone getting healthy, but the second half of the season looks to be pretty winnable when you consider the teams left; Steelers, Falcons, Jags, Bucs, Jets, Fish...all of them very winnable and a great opportunity to see Manuel get back in the game.

You're missing some good stuff being built.

And there you have it folks. You guys get off watching that had a defense that flies around but gives up 35 points and 5 TD passes and nearly 400 yards offense. I prefer to watch a bunch of middle aged guys in silver and black Halloween gear rooting on a team that............

JUST WINS BABY!!!!

Oh and has an owner that's not cheap.

And there you have it folks. You guys get off watching that had a defense that flies around but gives up 35 points and 5 TD passes and nearly 400 yards offense. I prefer to watch a bunch of middle aged guys in silver and black Halloween gear rooting on a team that............

JUST WINS BABY!!!!

Oh and has an owner that's not cheap.

Now you're just trying to bust balls, which, while surprising, won't really work here.

But stil in all, true Bills fans know that Al doesn't win anything without Ralph Wilson.

Guy who didn't watch the game yet has strong opinions about their performance based on next to nothing and no one agrees with him? You deserve no one.

Based on the scoreboard and stats. Seeing that's all I have to go on I'm sticking with that. 35-17 and 3-5 but hey they're getting better. :rolleyes:

Now you're just trying to bust balls, which, while surprising, won't really work here.

But stil in all, true Bills fans know that Al doesn't win anything without Ralph Wilson.

So for once in his life Ralph wasn't cheap. Thanks Ralphy boy!

Based on the scoreboard and stats. Seeing that's all I have to go on I'm sticking with that. 35-17 and 3-5 but hey they're getting better. :rolleyes:

So for once in his life Ralph wasn't cheap. Thanks Ralphy boy!

http://www.raidersgab.com/2011/09/19/long-quiet-ride-home/

"In 1991 I was in Buffalo for the AFC Championship game between the Raiders and Bills. The Raiders scored a field goal early on to grab a 3-0 lead, before Buffalo scored 51 straight points, and hung on to beat L.A., 51-3.

I flew back on the Raiders team plane, and let me tell you, that was the quietest plane ride I’ve ever been on. I have a feeling that the ride home tonight is just as quiet.

That’s because if there is anything worse than getting your hat handed to you like they did 20 years ago, it’s having your hat stolen from you like what happened today.

Up 21-3 at the half, the Raiders defense couldn’t stop the Bills in the 2nd half. Not once. 5 possessions, 5 touchdowns, including the game winner on 4th and 1 with just 14 seconds left on the clock as Buffalo won a thriller, 38-35.

If the Raiders defense could have made one play at anytime in the 2nd half, they’d be landing in the Bay Area loud and with a swagger. Instead, they committed too many penalties, allowed two 4th down conversions on the game’s final drive and will land quiet and dismayed.

Instead of 2-0, the Raiders are 1-1, which it isn’t the worst thing in the world, but they had it. You could feel it. I saw the standings, and they looked beautiful. They were looking 2-0 in the face, with the home opener against the Jets looming. They can beat the Jets, but they, and I, would have been more confident of that if they hadn’t just looked so brutal in the 2nd half today."

http://www.raidersga...uiet-ride-home/

"In 1991 I was in Buffalo for the AFC Championship game between the Raiders and Bills. The Raiders scored a field goal early on to grab a 3-0 lead, before Buffalo scored 51 straight points, and hung on to beat L.A., 51-3.

I flew back on the Raiders team plane, and let me tell you, that was the quietest plane ride I’ve ever been on. I have a feeling that the ride home tonight is just as quiet.

That’s because if there is anything worse than getting your hat handed to you like they did 20 years ago, it’s having your hat stolen from you like what happened today.

Up 21-3 at the half, the Raiders defense couldn’t stop the Bills in the 2nd half. Not once. 5 possessions, 5 touchdowns, including the game winner on 4th and 1 with just 14 seconds left on the clock as Buffalo won a thriller, 38-35.

If the Raiders defense could have made one play at anytime in the 2nd half, they’d be landing in the Bay Area loud and with a swagger. Instead, they committed too many penalties, allowed two 4th down conversions on the game’s final drive and will land quiet and dismayed.

Instead of 2-0, the Raiders are 1-1, which it isn’t the worst thing in the world, but they had it. You could feel it. I saw the standings, and they looked beautiful. They were looking 2-0 in the face, with the home opener against the Jets looming. They can beat the Jets, but they, and I, would have been more confident of that if they hadn’t just looked so brutal in the 2nd half today."

So is this post supposed to have any relevance to my post or is it as irrelevant as the Bills have become in the last nearly 13 plus years?

So is this post supposed to have any relevance to my post or is it as irrelevant as the Bills have become in the last nearly 13 plus years?

Are you trying to claim that the Raiders are a more capable cripple in the fight?

Chef Jim's I didn't watch the game but feel qualified to speak on what happened is just about as dumb as all the threads on tsw.

If you watched the game you would know the saints had 60 yards with 5 mins left in 2nd qtr.

The team played well but a couple calls here and there made some difference.

Brees completed haymakers on 3rd and long a few times. It wasn't as bad as it sounded IMO.

This team will be very solid next year IMO. Tons of young nice pieces. And as 3rd said the bills got tons of love from the broadcasters.

Chef Jim's I didn't watch the game but feel qualified to speak on what happened is just about as dumb as all the threads on tsw.

If you watched the game you would know the saints had 60 yards with 5 mins left in 2nd qtr.

The team played well but a couple calls here and there made some difference.

Brees completed haymakers on 3rd and long a few times. It wasn't as bad as it sounded IMO.

This team will be very solid next year IMO. Tons of young nice pieces. And as 3rd said the bills got tons of love from the broadcasters.

People say kind words about handicapped people too. It's called sympathy. The team is in last place in the AFC East.....AGAIN but hey the broadcasters said nice things about them. Oy..... :rolleyes:

People say kind words about handicapped people too. It's called sympathy. The team is in last place in the AFC East.....AGAIN but hey the broadcasters said nice things about them. Oy..... :rolleyes:

Let's revisit this topic at the end of the year. Bills strength of schedule is much tougher than many teams with same record. Giants at 2-6 have a legit shot at their division. Believe it or not, Bills have a better shot at wild card than Raiders.