Official Bills Only-Talk Thread - PPP Style

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the difference here is there are fewer posters that make the Bills their life. You know like the ones that remember in detail the 1999 draft.

I can't even remember if I got laid in 1999.

Edit - I suppose I did because my daughter was born in Jan 2000.

Edited by BringBackFergy

I can't even remember if I got laid in 1999.

Edit - I suppose I did because my daughter was born in Jan 2000.

Tell your wife I said hi. Oh and play "We're Gonna Party Like It's 1999" for her. She'll probably get a nice nostalgic smile on her face.

If he still is at your new house, it's time to start worrying. :unsure:

If he brings ribs, I'd let him sit in my "Barcalounger"

No he was my diversion to get you two talking about whether or not to get Sunday Ticket while I was giving your wife "cooking lessons".

So now I know why you hate crockpot cooking...you have flashbacks

Hey ah.... We still alive over here? Or one loss killed the thread?

I hope this thread survives. Maybe LABillzFan will start another one this Sunday for the Miami game.

This is serious business.

That is a great episode. I suppose Frank has an uncanny resemblance to ChefJim?? :D

Hey ah.... We still alive over here? Or one loss killed the thread?

No, we can bump this at any time to discuss anything about the Bills. And remember, if you see something on the main board that makes you want to pull your hair out, but know that saying the wrong thing will get you banned, just link to it here and say what's on your mind.

No, we can bump this at any time to discuss anything about the Bills. And remember, if you see something on the main board that makes you want to pull your hair out, but know that saying the wrong thing will get you banned, just link to it here and say what's on your mind.

I used to get mad at idiotic statements, but now if I catch myself with gritted teeth I remember Levi's old avatar with the guy at the computer worked up because "someone on the internet is wrong," then it's hard to maintain a significant level of rage. It's almost like trying to get angry over something gatorman said.

So to bring this back to the Bills a little. This years draft seems like a big win if EJ finishes strong which I assume he will. I am already locking Kiko and Woods in as solid picks. Follow this up with another decent draft and perhaps we can sniff the playoffs next year and actually mean it for once.

Healthy McKelvin and Gilmore should be something to see down the line.

So to bring this back to the Bills a little. This years draft seems like a big win if EJ finishes strong which I assume he will. I am already locking Kiko and Woods in as solid picks. Follow this up with another decent draft and perhaps we can sniff the playoffs next year and actually mean it for once.

Healthy McKelvin and Gilmore should be something to see down the line.

It won't matter much of bills can't keep the guys they need who will hit FA.

Edited by GG

It won't matter much of bills can't keep the guys they need who will hit FA.

Do you get the sense the current crop might help thwart that OBD trend?

I'm not sure if they even can, but this is the first time in a very long time that I feel like the team is genuinely headed in the right direction, unafraid to admit when they're wrong, willing to alter the course on second thought, and start winning more consistently. I can live with the learning-on-the-job stuff for a couple of years, but I can't help but feel that if they can just SHOW solid progress, the front office may be willing to keep some of those FA needed to keep moving forward.

Do you get the sense the current crop might help thwart that OBD trend?

I'm not sure if they even can, but this is the first time in a very long time that I feel like the team is genuinely headed in the right direction, unafraid to admit when they're wrong, willing to alter the course on second thought, and start winning more consistently. I can live with the learning-on-the-job stuff for a couple of years, but I can't help but feel that if they can just SHOW solid progress, the front office may be willing to keep some of those FA needed to keep moving forward.

As I mentioned on the polite board, I am more optimistic about this crew than I have been in over 6 years. There are many things that remind me of how the '86 & '87 seasons played out.

But the big question remains, and hopefully someone with the power of the pen (or internet keyboard) will help answer it - is Whaley truly in charge of the player moves, or does he get the rug pulled by Overdorf?

I like that they keep tweaking the roster during the season. The next test will be next season and how do they address the remaining holes. I don't think they need to do another Mario Williams signing. But it would be criminal if they still insist that existing non-talents on the roster are good enough to compete.