Official Bills Only-Talk Thread - PPP Style

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's absurd on so many levels.

A) How do you know EJ isn't "That Guy"? Manning, Kelly, Brees, Young, Moon, Elway, Aikman... all of them had horrible first year growing pains in the NFL. Most had awful second years as well. Under your "plan" each of them would have been run out of town.

B) Assuming you do wind up drafting Hercules Superman, your drafting "plan" has ensured that he has virtually no talent around him, such that he'll never be able to showcase his ample talents; and as such, you'll run him out of town.

There is a reason teams don't do what you're suggesting. That reason is that what you are suggesting is stupid.

Fin.

I don't recall saying running EJ out of town. I said let's look at other ways to go. EJ is the golden.boy here, but I just don't buy it.

I don't recall saying running EJ out of town. I said let's look at other ways to go. EJ is the golden.boy here, but I just don't buy it.

I'll ask again: How do you know he isn't "That Guy"? The modern game HOF caliber quarterbacks I've listed all floundered terribly in their first NFL seasons. Most repeated their failures in their second years before ultimately picking up the speed of the game in year three. It takes time, in most cases, to develop a quarterback, even one with HOF ability. You'll never give them the opportunity, reps, and personel they need to develop.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

I'll ask again: How do you know he isn't "That Guy"? The modern game HOF caliber quarterbacks I've listed all floundered terribly in their first NFL seasons. Most repeated their failures in their second years before ultimately picking up the speed of the game in year three. It takes time, in most cases, to develop a quarterback, even one with HOF ability. You'll never give them the opportunity, reps, and personel they need to develop.

There is no such thing as a modern era HoF QB, becaue the most recent enshrinees came into the league in the 80s. If you're referring to the batch of current QBs who are likely HoFers, most of them showed enough promise in year one to eliminate any questions about their status going into year two. I'm not aware of any top ecschelon QBs who needed two full years of development.

EJ was advertised as raw coming in, and nothing that he did this year dispelled that notion. The concern is that now there's more doubt that he will improve his game beyond what the criticism was at FSU. There's a distinct possibility that his game has peaked as a very sporadic passer who may put together a few quality drives per game. And you also can't dismiss this year's injuries, two of which occured on very basic plays.

And what makes you think he is the guy? And whats wrong with hedging your bet?

I'm curious to see if EJ plays against the Patsies* this week.

He's had such an incomplete body of work this year that it's hard to evaluate where he's at on the developmental scale.

They'll sever ties with Kolb and likely Tuel over the off season and will either pick up a real vet or dip into the Kallage ranks one more time.

This front office had no reservations about going all-in with rookies and a brittle vet last year. Hope they do a lot better on their second at-bat.

You're doing the exact opposite of what you should be doing. Pick the favorites early then adapt as the season goes on.

Now that the season is over, I went back week by week to check my picks. If I had just picked the favorite each game, it would have given me a +6 for correct picks, and I would have ended up in 2nd overall.

EJ was advertised as raw coming in, and nothing that he did this year dispelled that notion. The concern is that now there's more doubt that he will improve his game beyond what the criticism was at FSU. There's a distinct possibility that his game has peaked as a very sporadic passer who may put together a few quality drives per game. And you also can't dismiss this year's injuries, two of which occured on very basic plays.

Amen and well said.

I know they won't be aggressive about it but the Bills need to look at another option at QB early in the draft. EJ has hardly shown he is the answer.

• 7 months later...

it would be interesting to see if a correlation exists between bills apologists and political affiliation. i still can't begin to understand the poll that showed overwhelming support for the current management triumvirate.. i'm thinking 7:3 is roughly the ratio of conservatives to liberals here on ppp.

Edited by birdog1960

it would be interesting to see if a correlation exists between bills apologists and political affiliation. i still can't begin to understand the poll that showed overwhelming support for the current management triumvirate.. i'm thinking 7:3 is roughly the ratio of conservatives to liberals here on ppp.

For how long should Doug Marrone be able to receive unemployment benefits?

I doubt it. Although it does occur to me that PTR & C. Biscuit are the two biggest EJ fanboy apologists (sometimes they remind me of that "Leave Brittany alone!" video) and they're both hardcore leftists.