Fire Every Member of Congress

A bit of clarification from the OP: I meant what I said--vote EVERY Congressman and Senator out of office, n. b. EVERY. Send the message that the voters are actually watching. If after an election cycle or three several good guys/gals appear to actually have the public interest clearly in focus, give them a shot at re-election. The voter is in control, has been in control and will be in control, but has recently chosen to abdicate that power by re-electing incumbents. Voters--use the power you have.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What would congress look like with seasoned business/medical/academic pros who have no desire to seek the White House, if they dedicated themselves to solve problems? I have no problem with the 40-50-60 (and beyond) year old who have made his/her mark wanting to contribute. The government seems to be getting an abundance of people who have fed off the public trough. They don't have a clue as to how the real world works.

this

What would congress look like with seasoned business/medical/academic pros who have no desire to seek the White House, if they dedicated themselves to solve problems? I have no problem with the 40-50-60 (and beyond) year old who have made his/her mark wanting to contribute. The government seems to be getting an abundance of people who have fed off the public trough. They don't have a clue as to how the real world works.

What part of "Mitt Romney has a horse" did you not understand?

I understand your feelings on the subject and have nothing but the kindest thoughts for you, but I was pontificating on how I wished it could be, rather than how it is.

Too bad it's not democracy without a professional leadership class [/average "progressive"]

Agreed.

I'd also love to see as an alternative first step is whenever they "shut down" government Congress has to stay and continue to "work" with NO PAY!!

If by "stay" you mean "locked in chambers, not allowed to leave for anything, we'll have pizza delivered," then yes.

And if by "no pay" you mean "forfeit that fiscal year's pay," then absolutely, yes.

If by "stay" you mean "locked in chambers, not allowed to leave for anything, we'll have pizza delivered," then yes.

And if by "no pay" you mean "forfeit that fiscal year's pay," then absolutely, yes.

Yes, lock them in a room until they get their schit together and come up with a workable solution that benefits ALL Americans.

Well Yes, sort of. More to the point of - if they cut ANY federal workers salary or put them on furlough they get no pay either.

I'm up for a forfeiture of their an entire "fiscal year's pay",

Every Senator and every Congress "person"

Too bad we don't have this mechanism in the American system. Canada's PM can hit the reset button if a budget cant be passed.

http://www.parl.gc.c...rliament-e.html

I think our system is better because no branch has more power than the other. The problem has a lot more to do with the American voter and political group think than structure.

I think our system is better because no branch has more power than the other. The problem has a lot more to do with the American voter and political group think than structure.

Maybe, the typical voter has a short memory and will forget about previous crisis's and vote back in the same idiots. I would think that members would be far more co-operative if they knew they would be out of a job if a deal can't be reached and the election would be immediate with the issues fresh in all voters minds. Good bye Ted Cruz and other Tea Party members.

Maybe, the typical voter has a short memory and will forget about previous crisis's and vote back in the same idiots. I would think that members would be far more co-operative if they knew they would be out of a job if a deal can't be reached and the election would be immediate with the issues fresh in all voters minds. Good bye Ted Cruz and other Tea Party members.

The Tea Party isn't even a blip on the radar of problems with the American political system.