SJ Sharks Tomas Hertl's Goal of the Year

He's only 19! Drafted last year. 6th goal in two games. Helps he's playing with Thornton but on this goal it was a killer pass from Demers that sprung him.

Edited by Dante

He's only 19! Drafted last year. 6th goal in two games. Helps he's playing with Thornton but on this goal it was a killer pass from Demers that sprung him.

This Sharks team started off HOT this year. Hertl looks like he's going to be a star.

This Sharks team started off HOT this year. Hertl looks like he's going to be a star.

Seen this story before though. As always with the Sharks, it's what happens playoff time. There always seems to be one team better than them in the west

My main problem with other non-football sports. Can you really get excited about a hot start in October when the season ends in June? These seasons are way too long. A nice 50 game season would be awesome.

My main problem with other non-football sports. Can you really get excited about a hot start in October when the season ends in June? These seasons are way too long. A nice 50 game season would be awesome.

I was a fan of the shortened season last year due to the lockout. If we could just extend the time of that season a month with the same amount of games it would be great!

Yeah it's way to early in the NHL season, to say "Goal of the Year".

Still check out San Jose Sharks 19 year-old Forward Tomas Hertl, scoring his 4th goal of the game against the Rangers.

http://video.nhl.com...vid=DL|NHL|home

That's sweet.

Ooops, I see this was posted already. Feel free to delete mods.

Edited by Mark Vader

Seen this story before though. As always with the Sharks, it's what happens playoff time. There always seems to be one team better than them in the west

Yeah it always seems to be that way for the Sharks.

Right now I am loving this start, and what a moment for Hertl to start the season on such a hot streak. First player to score 6 goals in three games since the 1979-80 season. Way to go kid!

Yeah. That's probably why nobody on the NHL Network picked then to win the cup. It's still exciting to see a 19 year old kid do so well to start the season. Just the potential involved.

Like I said last year (and every year for the Bills) I hope this is the year.

The Sabres are pretty much unwatchable at this point...but Thomas Vanek had a pretty sweet goal last night too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuabzJWYROw

What is up with them? I remember going to see them fairly often when I lived in the area and the team and arena had energy. Now it seems like, on TV anyway, that it is the deadest team and place in the league. What a shame because I've liked and pulled for them ever since I first saw Perrault play there live. They desperately need some jolt of excitement to the oraganization. As skilled as Vanek is he just doesn't do it for me. I don't know what the solution is. Edited by Dante