Bummer Heady Topper run

Steve O

My brother is finalizing details to rent a place in Killington for the winter and tells a few friends while he is in Vt he will make a run up to Waterbury and pick up Heady Topper. The stuff is $72 a case. We fill his car with coolers because apparently it can only be purchased cold. When he gets there he finds out you can only purchase one case per person per day. Going to be a lot of disappointed people when he gets back (including Hammer).

Anyone ever drink the stuff? Is it worth $72/case?

i had a few this weekend...it is as good as advertised

Did you drink it from the can? I poured one in my 1988 Eastern Conference Champs stein and drank one. My brother almost killed me, told me to read the instructions. Drank the second from the can. Darned if it didn't make a difference...

did i drink it from the can????? of course i did...you are given explicit instructions and failure to abide by them usually results in only being allowed to buy one case at a time....

Did you drink it from the can? I poured one in my 1988 Eastern Conference Champs stein and drank one. My brother almost killed me, told me to read the instructions. Drank the second from the can. Darned if it didn't make a difference...

I live in Burlington and drink it all the time - I personally LOVE it, which is funny because I'm not a big IPA guy. I guess it's the *Double* IPA that makes it work for me...

That beer is like gold in this area, when you hit up the local stores they tell you to show up the day of the delivery. The brewery is almost always sold out too, unless you're there on Wednesday in the am.

I'd also recommend Switchback in the 22oz bottle - more goooood stuff!

Vermont loves it's good beer, which is why everyone can only laugh as I happily drink my Miller High Life :D

did i drink it from the can????? of course i did...you are given explicit instructions and failure to abide by them usually results in only being allowed to buy one case at a time....

My brother actually hung out outside the brewery and asked a couple couples how many cases they were getting...he ended up with 3 cases. But I promise to drink from the can only going forward. :beer: Edited by Steve O