If you were Denver, why would you not give a 1st for pro bowl safety

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they had a ball hawking safety to prevent big plays (which appears to be there only weakness), and Peyton stays healthy would they ever lose. If I was them, I would be happy to trade my 1st pick for a super bowl victory.

I see what you did there. Clever.

:thumbsup:

No. Which is why they are nearly unstoppable and the Bills suck. Good teams don't invest like that in a Safety. No way in hell should any team give up a first round pick for Byrd. We will most likely get a 2nd if we are lucky. 3rd or 4th more likely.

Offensively they are nearly unstoppable.

Defensively, they aren't very good.

No. Which is why they are nearly unstoppable and the Bills suck. Good teams don't invest like that in a Safety. No way in hell should any team give up a first round pick for Byrd. We will most likely get a 2nd if we are lucky. 3rd or 4th more likely.

Maybe so, but him at safety if he plays to his abilities there no way (barring injury) they don't win the super bowl. I can't image with there depth there going to get a better play with the 32 pick.

Potential Byrd trade being discussed here:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/162474-bills-open-to-trading-byrd/

Up to OP to guide conversation in a different direction. As I mentioned in another thread - trying to be more open to threads that may or may not be duplicates.

If this thread just continues to be a discussion of the Byrd trade and not the merits of the Broncos being the trade partner then what's the difference between the two?

Peyton has not played in weather this year - and Denver's D isn't the best. If they get stuck in bad weather and the other team put some points up on them they may have a tough time recovering. And don't forget the SB is in NYC. Blizzard predicted. Just sayin. Denver's 1st round pick will be a late one, but I'd take it for Byrd in a heartbeat.

Manning struggles outdoors in cold weather, he always has. It struck me weird when he signed with Denver because of this.

Would Denver be a better team with Byrd? of course. However Denver also has to think about life after Manning. Denver won 2 Super Bowls not very long ago. the pressure or desire from the owner is great but not as great as an Arthur Blank or D Snieyder.

I doubt the Broncos will end up as a trade partner for Byrd. His salary along with some of the others they have would make him a luxury they can not afford.

Denver's D just gave up 48 points on Sunday, and the team is likely to get a late round pick anyway. But I don't know if Byrd is worth a 1st to any team right now especially due to questions surrounding his injury.

Getting as bad as the sabres board, I don't even go there anymore. A least not as much as I used to. But hey, if they like it like that, God bless them.

How do you know I'm talking about Byrd, maybe I was referring to A. Williams, or converting J. Rogers to safety and trading him. I'm just saying when a team is that good with just 1 big weakness why wouldn't you exhaust all options. I would have traded, Kelly, Thurman, Bruce, and Andre on the same day if it would have gotten us just 1 super bowl win.

How do you know I'm talking about Byrd, maybe I was referring to A. Williams, or converting J. Rogers to safety and trading him.....

Well, your thread does say "pro bowl" safety.

Peyton has not played in weather this year - and Denver's D isn't the best. If they get stuck in bad weather and the other team put some points up on them they may have a tough time recovering. And don't forget the SB is in NYC. Blizzard predicted. Just sayin. Denver's 1st round pick will be a late one, but I'd take it for Byrd in a heartbeat.

their D is better than last week, and is yet to see von miller and champ bailey is still not back is he?