Matt Flynn Anyone???

I think the GB system has made him. He's look terrible every time he has played since then. He was brutal this preseason.

GB would be a good landing spot for him...their backup situation could use the upgrade, and as you said, he has thrived in their system.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no way I would want to see this team sign and start another journeyman reject that lacks the skills necessary to compete at the NFL level. Terrible idea. I would start Thadeus until Manuel is ready to come back. Win or lose, it really doesn't matter.

Nope. Brohm v 2.0

How exactly is he Brohm 2.0?

I'm not saying he is great or even good but can't see how you can compare the two... Rob Johnson 2.0 makes way more sense

Edited by Max997

I think he's like a less talented Fitz (he looks like him too). I mean his numbers for a national championship team were 56.3%, 21 tds, and 11 ints. That's not very good. http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/matt-flynn-1.html

I understand your point. But honestly, Lewis and Tuel might have more upset. I won't have any more confidence in Flynn winning us games than those 2.

totally understand yours as well. I definitely saw a lot of him at LSU. to be an SEC qb of a National championship winner and still be a 7th rounder speaks volumes to his arms ability. i often used the less talented fitz comparison when people were banging the flynn for starter drum. as a poor mans fitz, i think hes generally liked by teammates, a hard worker, tough and respected - but not a guy you want to hand the reigns to.

really i think we just diverge on the "is he more viable long term than thad and tuel?" discussion, and even then we are pretty close-- i think hes in better shape than tuel but thad is a total question mark for me though his upside is likely also in the area of backup.

He set the Green Bay Packers all-time record for passing yards and TDs thrown in one game. THAT ALONE makes him more qualified than Thad Lewis and Jeff Tuel.

Thank you. He has been on an NFL 53-man roster for at least 5 years. He has not been awful in the few NFL regular season games in which he has played. He started for a couple years at LSU and I believe led them to a national championship. I'm not saying he is our new franchise QB, but as a stop-gap measure, I don't see how he is not better than Tuel and Lewis.

Was wondering about that. Whoever claims him, are they on the hook for his salary?

No. That contract is out the window as far as his new team is concerned. Flynn is free to sign with any team he wants, for however much or little he can command.

Thank you. He has been on an NFL 53-man roster for at least 5 years. He has not been awful in the few NFL regular season games in which he has played. He started for a couple years at LSU and I believe led them to a national championship. I'm not saying he is our new franchise QB, but as a stop-gap measure, I don't see how he is not better than Tuel and Lewis.

Flynn is terrible. His own former OC didnt want him in Miami when their QB was David Garrard who had not played in two years before then.

Weak arm, bad pocket presence and no GB receivers

Flynn is terrible. His own former OC didnt want him in Miami when their QB was David Garrard who had not played in two years before then.

Weak arm, bad pocket presence and no GB receivers

That may not really be true. They debated Flynn, who Philbin coached, versus drafting Tannehill, whom they knew they could draft, whom their new OC coached. They obviously made the right choice.

I think I have nailed it.

Some Bills fans think we can bring in a someone who has a known track record of failure and turn them around into Pro Bowlers. Other fans, have this idea that a kid who has played a few quarters of preseason ball will be a Pro Bowler. It seems, however, nobody wants to "pay the piper" and give guys playing time to see if they can actually play.

I think that a lot of fans just like seeing a new signing so we make some headlines and can try out something new. I want to see guys on the team get their chance.

Look around you. Do you see a healthy NFL QB ANYWHERE ON THIS TEAM? It's different degrees of non-NFL QB-ness at this point.

Adding Matt Flynn would not add an NFL QB. Seriously people - Seattle and now Oakland payed this guy to go elsewhere. He sucks.