Matt Flynn Anyone???

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just released per ESPN....

It pains me to say this, but I'd be in favor of bringing in Flynn. Not to start this week, but as a potential option for next week in case Thad craps the bed. Or even as a better backup option than Tuel. Yep, this is what it has come to: Matt Flynn.

He hasn't won a starting job since high school. He was handed the LSU job as senior and was basically Trent Dilfer. He was handed 2 starting jobs in the pros and got beat out both times.

Congrats on him getting paid for doing nothing. But at this point, I'd rather see Lewis or Tuel. And that is really saying something.

Nope. Brohm v 2.0

not great - better than brohm. i hate him in a starters role, but i like him as a backup. this would be a long term backup to fill kolbs role, not a quick fix guy though, in my opinion.

Edited by NoSaint

He hasn't won a starting job since high school. He was handed the LSU job as senior and was basically Trent Dilfer. He was handed 2 starting jobs in the pros and got beat out both times.

Congrats on him getting paid for doing nothing. But at this point, I'd rather see Lewis or Tuel. And that is really saying something.

I'm not sure I want him now but he is way more prepared to play in the NFL than Tuel, even with Tuel's six month head start on the offense.

not great - better than brohm. i hate him in a starters role, but i like him as a backup. this would be a long term backup to fill kolbs role, not a quick fix guy though, in my opinion.

I think the GB system has made him. He's look terrible every time he has played since then. He was brutal this preseason.

I think the GB system has made him. He's look terrible every time he has played since then. He was brutal this preseason.

had a lot to do with it for sure - ive been one of his biggest critics when people bring him up as a starter. in a proper situation, i think he can hold things together, but wont win you anything on his own. thats true of many backup qbs, and something we are currently lacking (unless you think thad is that guy, and its possible). i wouldnt want him more than a couple quarters, or a game or two, but i think hes a smart, tough, hard worker with experience in a few schemes and those are respectable qualities in a depth qb.

im well aware and attended one of the preseason games he didnt look great in. that line was a trainwreck, and weve since learned the NO defense was more legit than i ever expected.

his ceiling isnt high, but his floor isnt as low as a lot of options out there either.

Edited by NoSaint

had a lot to do with it for sure - ive been one of his biggest critics when people bring him up as a starter. in a proper situation, i think he can hold things together, but wont win you anything on his own. thats true of many backup qbs, and something we are currently lacking. i wouldnt want him more than a couple quarters, or a game or two, but i think hes a smart, tough, hard worker with experience in a few schemes and those are respectable qualities in a depth qb.

im well aware and attended one of the preseason games he didnt look great in. that line was a trainwreck, and weve since learned the NO defense was more legit than i ever expected.

his ceiling isnt high, but his floor isnt as low as a lot of options out there either.

I think he's like a less talented Fitz (he looks like him too). I mean his numbers for a national championship team were 56.3%, 21 tds, and 11 ints. That's not very good. http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/matt-flynn-1.html

I understand your point. But honestly, Lewis and Tuel might have more upset. I won't have any more confidence in Flynn winning us games than those 2.