[closed]WOW Talk About Confused ??

T master

First off the amount of praise that was thrown in Tuels direction from the preseason on, then EJ gets hurt in the preseason & they bring in Lewis & Leinhart , keep Lewis but put him on the practice squad cause Tuel is our guy .

Why not turn it around Tuel to the practice squad & Lewis on the roster ??

Fast forward to game 5 EJ's injury & through a ROOKIE in with little or NO reps on a short week less film study the entire 9 & expect Tom Brady to come on the field - HUH ?

Not only the fans but now the staff just blow this guys confidence completely out of the water by basically telling him in so many words by their actions " we don't believe in you & we aren't even willing to give you the benefit of the doubt by giving you a full weeks worth of work with the ones & you are relegated to #3" :doh::thumbdown::blink::huh::wacko: !!

Then go on record to say "we will bring in another QB from outside of the organization" AND DO THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF WHAT THEY SAID ??

This was straight up a college coaching move ! What must be going through this kids head ? It looks like this crew has as much on the ball with the development of a young QB as Mularkey had with JP , & then we ALL wonder why we can't have a winning team ?

OK bring Thad up i get that, but if what you said earlier was true then give Tuel a FULL week of prep with the ones along with Thad getting reps then make your decision as to their performance during the week of practice & if he can't handle that then pull him but to do it the way they went about it is crazy .

Why would this guy have any confidence in this coaching staff putting him in a game after this ?

One more young QB put into the Bills grave yard of QB's , un freakin believable :wallbash: !!!!

Lead by example & this example of this coaching move resembles a college mentality type of move !!

What if after Peytons of Brady's first games which if i remember they weren't what they are now the coaches handled things this way ? Where would they be today ?

Well, Marrone said "as of right now, Lewis is the starter" that could simply change before game day.

However I doubt it does. The fact is that Lewis much more experienced than Tuel and has actually started in a game before in the league.

It's actually the proper thing to do considering they are still very much in this season and hoping for a playoff spot. Use the guy that's got more experience to count on for a game.

He is also more versatile and can make plays when things break down.

Color me very optimistic.

First off the amount of praise that was thrown in Tuels direction from the preseason on, then EJ gets hurt in the preseason & they bring in Lewis & Leinhart , keep Lewis but put him on the practice squad cause Tuel is our guy .

Fast forward to game 5 EJ's injury & through a ROOKIE in with little or NO reps on a short week less film study the entire 9 & expect Tom Brady to come on the field - HUH ?

Not only the fans but now the staff just blow this guys confidence completely out of the water by basically telling him in so many words by their actions " we don't believe in you & we aren't even willing to give you the benefit of the doubt by giving you a full weeks worth of work with the ones & you are relegated to #3" :doh::thumbdown::blink::huh::wacko: !!

Then go on record to say "we will bring in another QB from outside of the organization" AND DO THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF WHAT THEY SAID ??

This was straight up a college coaching move ! What must be going through this kids head ? It looks like this crew has as much on the ball with the development of a young QB as Mularkey had with JP , & then we ALL wonder why we can't have a winning team ?

OK bring Thad up i get that, but if what you said earlier was true then give Tuel a FULL week of prep with the ones along with Thad getting reps then make your decision as to their performance during the week of practice & if he can't handle that then pull him but to do it the way they went about it is crazy .

Why would this guy have any confidence in this coaching staff putting him in a game after this ?

One more young QB put into the Bills grave yard of QB's , un freakin believable :wallbash: !!!!

Lead by example & this example of this coaching move resembles a college mentality type of move !!

What if after Peytons of Brady's first games which if i remember they weren't what they are now the coaches handled things this way ? Where would they be today ?

I was saying the exact same thing yesterday. This organization is a J-O-K-E. The lowest point in the 35 years of me being a fan. Really regret buying the Sunday Ticket this year :thumbdown:

Happy to be going to the game this week to see us beat Cinn

I was saying the exact same thing yesterday. This organization is a J-O-K-E. The lowest point in the 35 years of me being a fan. Really regret buying the Sunday Ticket this year :thumbdown:

the lowest point. You are joking.

It's actually the proper thing to do considering they are still very much in this season and hoping for a playoff spot.

Color me very optimistic.

I don't think we're in contention for anything but a top 10 pick (again). We have no QB and our RBs are hurt. 3 n outs were already the norm, and it doesn't look like it will improve anytime soon. Unless the D wins every game 2-0 (extremely improbable) we don't have a shot to climb this division.

Oh give me a break. God the superlatives and hyperbole that is so carelessly tossed around on this site. What if- just what if- Lewis looks decent and they win? Jesus, let it unfold, would ya? I agree that it didn't make sense to have Lewis on the PS and Tuel on the active roster if he wasn't fit to be a #2 anyway. But that alone is not enough for me to declare it worse than going into the '85 season with Bruce Mathison and Vince Ferragamo. That is inside your 35 year fan window, right? What about choosing Rob Johnson to play over Flutie in Tennessee? They went out, got their franchise QB, it looks like that may work out, he's out for a couple weeks. They tried to get the best option available- Josh Freeman- and he signed elsewhere. What the hell did you want them to do after that? Trade for Peyton Manning?

I don't think we're in contention for anything but a top 10 pick (again). We have no QB and our RBs are hurt. 3 n outs were already the norm, and it doesn't look like it will improve anytime soon. Unless the D wins every game 2-0 (extremely improbable) we don't have a shot to climb this division.

ok. Ill see you in April. Have fun on your Sundays.

Isnt this point already being discussed here:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/162509-why-wasnt-lewis-ejs-backup/

A thread in which you have already contributed ?

Why start a new thread on this ?

I'm guessing the reason is this: Lewis was brought in towards the end of Preseason, so he was still be familiarized with the playbook, and if EJ wasn't ready to go, Tuel was here the entire off season and therefore had more familiarity with the playbook and time to build rapport with the players....and they believed EJ could stay healthy, so Tuel could sit on the sidelines and learn along side the coaching staff and be mentored by Marrone et. al. Now, Lewis has had a couple of months to learn the playbook and build rapport with players and they need someone who can lead the Offense confidently and has similar attributes EJ has, i.e. escapability, and Lewis is their guy for that right now....I don't think it's back-peddling, I think it's timing...Lewis came in at the end, Tuel knew the playbook better in Week 1, and it would give Tuel time with Marrone and his staff to coach him up...Lewis is more experienced and now has the other tangibles necessary to lead the team...this was no shock to me as Marrone favors promoting his own players and values knowledge of the system and the scheme over all else....either way, let's see what happens.

They said they'd look outside of the club and they did. They evidently didn't find anybody they thought was better than Lewis.

And don't get too wound up about Tuel's confidence being damaged. He's a career backup (if he's lucky), and I think he probably knows that. I'm sure he's not too psyched about not being names the starter, but I don't think it'll wreck his ability to carry clipboards for the next 2-3 years.

It's entirely possible they felt it was easier to sneak Lewis onto the practice squad than Tuel who got a lot of reps in preseason due to injuries to Kolb and EJ, and it's entirely possible they thought Lewis was better than Tuel all along. Who knows?

The coaches have found themselves in an undesirable situation, and they're scrambling to be sure. But what NFL team wouldn't be if they were on their 3rd string QB?

For all the BS about Bflo being a tough, blue collar city, some of you carry on like teenage girls. You're embarrassing your city, your fellow fans, and yourself. Just. Stop.

Just who was heaping praise upon Tuel, by the way? Seems to me it was primarily fans who think a QB putting up stats against 4th stringers means he is ready to start in the NFL. The guy was never projected to be more than a developmental prospect until Kolb suffered his annual concussion. Lewis was signed less than two weeks before the regular season, so in effect he has now had a full "training camp" with the team. Tuel as the primary backup was a miscalculation by Marrone/Whaley -- there is no question about that. They also whiffed on keeping Kolb rather than TJax. But thankfully they had Lewis on the PS.

All is not lost -- we have a QB starting this week who has been in the organization since late August, and has "real" NFL playing experience. He's also a smart kid (Duke) the coaches probably trust not to make any ridiculous mistakes.

Step off the ledge and appreciate a team that has played some incredibly tough football so far this year, imposing their will running the football and playing defense at a level light years beyond anything we've seen in at least 10 years.

This is a fun time to be a Bills fan.

because thad wasnt ready to play week one, and they wanted to steal the extra roster spot.

once setup that way they likely decided to roll with it until an injury forced their hand. heck, they may have had a similar move lined up anyway if they thought thad was getting to the point of being ready and the secondary was getting healthy enough to drop a depth guy