Ethical, or not?

http://globalnews.ca...t-flyer-mishap/

http://ca.linkedin.com/in/sheilalaird

- Do-it-yourselfer woman wants to redo some of the floors in her house

- Woman goes to Home Depot website to look for hardwood flooring

- Woman finds hardwood flooring on sale for $3.00 per case on web site, and buys 22 cases

- Woman realizes that this is a great deal, and decides to re-do every room, and orders 50 additional cases

- Home Depot then realizes that this is an error (should be $3.00 per foot, not $3.00 per case) and refuses to give the flooring to her even though she already ordered and paid for it.

http://globalnews.ca...t-flyer-mishap/

http://ca.linkedin.com/in/sheilalaird

- Do-it-yourselfer woman wants to redo some of the floors in her house

- Woman goes to Home Depot website to look for hardwood flooring

- Woman finds hardwood flooring on sale for $3.00 per case on web site, and buys 22 cases

- Woman realizes that this is a great deal, and decides to re-do every room, and orders 50 additional cases

- Home Depot then realizes that this is an error (should be $3.00 per foot, not $3.00 per case) and refuses to give the flooring to her even though she already ordered and paid for it.

You left off the final point in the story which is Home Depot corporate took accountability for the mistake and is sending the flooring.

You left off the final point in the story which is Home Depot corporate took accountability for the mistake and is sending the flooring.

Good for them! Like United Airlines... Good PR... Unless you are the one's that got boned via retirement years ago.

Spoilsport.

Hey Jim... On another note... I got a sailboat on the upper end, no mast on the boat, looping around like a kid hopped up on sugar! He couldn't lock w/the previous vessel since it was a petrol tanker. What's up with these guys? ADHD? :doh:;):P

Good for them! Like United Airlines... Good PR... Unless you are the one's that got boned via retirement years ago.

Hey Jim... On another note... I got a sailboat on the upper end, no mast on the boat, looping around like a kid hopped up on sugar! He couldn't lock w/the previous vessel since it was a petrol tanker. What's up with these guys? ADHD? :doh:;):P

Better ADHD than those alcohol fueled speed freaks with no regard to anyone else on the water people common referred to as motorboat drivers.

Edited by Chef Jim

Better ADHD than those alcohol fueled speed freaks with do regard to anyone else on the water people common referred to as motorboat drivers.

Good point... LoL... I gotta deal w/them too! But the bikins make it bearable... The enviro chicks just can't get done on those chilly October Sunday morning.

Speed freaks... Probably coke... One came through w/not a stitch of clothes on all the chicks! Good times! Good times!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I'm pretty sure they are not legally obligated to give her the flooring. The same thing happened with HDTVs that were $1,99.

It's different if it's a simple printing or keystroke error that is discovered and corrected. In other words, having an advertisement of a price isn't legally binding. In this case, the woman actually purchased the flooring; they charged her CC and gave her a receipt. Then they tried to reneg on their contractual obligation to ship the merchandise after the transaction was complete.

It's different if it's a simple printing or keystroke error that is discovered and corrected. In other words, having an advertisement of a price isn't legally binding. In this case, the woman actually purchased the flooring; they charged her CC and gave her a receipt. Then they tried to reneg on their contractual obligation to ship the merchandise after the transaction was complete.

I agree.

Can we somehow tie this into Big Cat's grocer not cashing his paper credit card transaction? :nana:

Free groceries and cheap hardwood flooring for everyone! :D

Good point... LoL... I gotta deal w/them too! But the bikins make it bearable... The enviro chicks just can't get done on those chilly October Sunday morning.

Speed freaks... Probably coke... One came through w/not a stitch of clothes on all the chicks! Good times! Good times!

Still waiting on that webcam address so we can, uh, check the status of the lock.

A few years back, golfsmith.com had a glitch in their system where they were giving people $50 off any order of $50.01 or more. My buddy texted me and I put in like 3 different orders.....got some shoes, a hybrid, some high-end balls, etc. My total out of pocket was $8. I told a bunch of friends and believe I even posted it on here....they eventually stopped fulfilling these orders, but everyone I knew got everything they ordered!

A few years back, golfsmith.com had a glitch in their system where they were giving people $50 off any order of $50.01 or more. My buddy texted me and I put in like 3 different orders.....got some shoes, a hybrid, some high-end balls, etc. My total out of pocket was $8. I told a bunch of friends and believe I even posted it on here....they eventually stopped fulfilling these orders, but everyone I knew got everything they ordered!

Yup...someone posted about it on here but IIRC they had shut it down by then. Or at least they by the time I tried to order.