Bills open to trading Byrd

Jdragon2

Sorry posted in the other thread

This IMHO is stupid and terrible news

Sends a bad message to players.

Gives Byrd what he wants way before his value is UP where it should be. (day one pick)

We honestly could use him.

We already ARE giving big bucks for the year.

They must be trolling for a decent QB in a trade.

That is all I can think.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many times are the Bills going to let Eugene Parker rake them over the coals and ultimately end up trading a top talent. I agree the situation is untenable at this point, but they end up losing a game changing player in the process.

This reeks of 2 things:

Parker floating this story to stir the pot and push the event

The Bills playing hardball and letting Byrd see his worth.

The timing of this would indicate he'd be dealt for a QB, right? Nassib would make a lot of sense to me. Do the Giants need help at safety?

Nassib, plus a 1st, a 3rd and 3rd in 2015 you have a deal...of course, we would still need to find a QB. Nassib is no where near what we need. We need a Matt Moore, Fitzpatrick, Charlie Batch....experienced game managing QB.

But at what cost? Since he was tagged is it a first rounder?

the cost should be too high. What team wants a player only signed to a 1 year contract who has not played a game this season and likely out a game for them to learn and work in?

I think the Bills will let this season tank and trade Byrd for pick(s). They'll pick up one of the three QBs coming in and will leave the secondary and left guard as is. Just my opinion...I don't think Littman/Overdorf will allow spending any more this season.

Edited by DGW54321

Better off just trading the guy... It's a rebuild yr and with EJ situation... Better off getting what we can for him cuz NO chance he returns next yr unless we franchise him AGAIN which will add more fuel to mire. If we can get a potential starter (LG) from a team thats deep on OL and a 3rd, i'd do it in a second. Secondary will be vastly better once we get Gilmore back and Williams can go back to playing Safety full time. He had 1 good game at corner then played as bad as last yr vs Browns getting beaten twice for big plays on same drive. We were making them "earn" every yard whole game till that drive which resulted in a TD and Weeton getting a spark and started playing a lot better from then on. Safety is not a hole for us AT ALL..... Williams has the looks of a great safety and looks 100% times better there than at CB and Searcy is getting better and better and may never be a stud, he's earning his playing time. Leonhard has played "ok"... outside of the interceptions, he has been far less than stellar in u keep an eye on him.. Whenever tackling, especially on a RB he tends to get pushed for extra couple yards, is not fast enough to be a good "centerfielder" on deep balls and lacks the height. He is fine for sub package roles tho till the likes of either Duke Williams or Meeks are ready to get on field. Duke has a ton of potential, he's more a project and wont be ready this yr, but our depth there looks fine.

this D has shown alot of heart and has played so much better than last yr even with having to play guys at CB who have no business being on field. With Mclovin showing he was a smart re-sign and worthy of starting gig and Williams transitioning to safety and Robey in slot who has been a bright spot... Health is the key there.. Would Byrd help??? YES... but would i rather they trade him and acquire hopefully either a good pick or a solid LG.. hell ya!

The timing of this would indicate he'd be dealt for a QB, right? Nassib would make a lot of sense to me. Do the Giants need help at safety?

Nassib almost didn't make the Giants 53 man roster. He's their 3rd QB. We would need him and draft picks.

Our retention rate of top talent has been a major contributing factor to our 13 year playoff drought.

To think the Bills weren't entertaining trade offers for Byrd the past 5 weeks is pretty comical.

I think the Bills are just leaking this along with the PF recovery to drive up the value.

Can you imagine? Jarius f ing Byrd for Ryan Nassib? How far this franchise has fallen.

Mario for skelton

'bout time! Waiting until now was a VERY crafty move. I'm sure we can get at least a 4th round pick for a Pro Bowl safety who everyone knows won't sign with us next year (not sure if they want to go through the holdout drama and wind up paying him approximately 8.3 million--120% raise he would get for being tagged twice--if I'm not mistaken)).

A bargain for an all-pro safety... He will sign with us if we franchise him. He has to and we should.

This is a big boy business. Bills are rebuilding (and now that is even delayed) and Byrd is in his prime. This is a direct result of blowing everything up in the off season. Not saying that wasn't the right thing to do, but they had to know there would be unintended consequences. This is one of them.

So, you think its likelyt? Confused by your take...

It's whatever they'd be open to accepting. Rumors around here from a reliable poster was that the highest offer in August was a 4 I believe, as a reference point.

Everyone is open for a trade- no safety in the league is off limits and nearly no player would refuse 100% of trades. Editors shouldn't accept the term "open to a trade" as it's worthless. Either they are seeking it or they are not.

Exactly why I think this is and news, schefter speculation and basing it off rumor fed milling fueled by Parker.

The Bills have proven they are no better with Byrd than without him, he is NOT a difference maker..

How so? On a much improved defense we continue to see mental mistakes and poor play from the secondary. Byrd is a difference maker. That is why we are in this position.

Edited by jboyst62

I want him out there for the Bills, if he is back ti himself. We don't know even know how good he will be as he has been out so long and hasn't played a snap in the new D. I say trade him if he doesn't want to be here or they can get a decent pick or player that we need. If not, put him out there. He did hurt his trade stock by not playing.

They were "open" to trading him before as Whaley has gone on record citing "we will take calls on any player". How this is somehow a huge revelation all of the sudden is beyond me. If they feel they get a deal that would benefit the club they will make it. To think Byrd has not been shopped before and no trade discussions haven't yet occurred is naive.

Schefter's tweet is much ado about nothing.

Edited by TheZone78

If its straight up for a QB I'm disappointed. I can't think of any backup I like as much as freeman

can you elaborate a little?

Sounds like you're saying you don't like any backup out there and freeman is the prettiest fat girl at the end of the night to take home.

Yup...been suggesting this since EJ went down during the summer. Their starting safety went down around the same time, they were scrambling for somebody. We could get Nassib, and another hiigher draft pick (2nd or 3rd) maybe for Byrd...though the Giants may be thinking it is too late for that now. Their season is on life-support.

Edited by Buftex

The Bills have proven they are no better with Byrd than without him, he is NOT a difference maker..

How do you know this? He hasn't played a down this season, we have no idea of the impact he could have made.