If the Sabres were a turd...

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sabres Presser at 10:30a.

LaFontaine.

Lafontaine new head of hockey operations...Bucky Gleason tweething Darcy and Rolston are out!

It would be just like this team to throw a rope-a-dope and announce that the !@#$ing Slug logo is coming back next year.

I ask becasue I really don't know...is Lafontaine qualified for such a job? I remember he worked in some front office capacity for the Islanders a few years back, and resigned, as I remember, because he didn't see eye to eye with ownership...but I don't think he was there very long...was he the one who hired Ted Nolan? Could Nolan replace Rolston, if the Rolston rumors are true?

I hope this is a great move, and not just another nod to the "good old days"... we shall see.

I ask becasue I really don't know...is Lafontaine qualified for such a job? I remember he worked in some front office capacity for the Islanders a few years back, and resigned, as I remember, because he didn't see eye to eye with ownership...but I don't think he was there very long...was he the one who hired Ted Nolan? Could Nolan replace Rolston, if the Rolston rumors are true?

I hope this is a great move, and not just another nod to the "good old days"... we shall see.

Every team seems to do it now, bringing back a former player.

I agree! Don't know about LaFontaine as GM but I thought Nolan was a great coach. Never understood him being fired

Lafontaine is "director or hockey operations", while Kevin Devine willl serve as "interim" GM...he was Darcy's "assistant GM". Nolan was announced as an "interim" coach as well.