The Bills have Released Punter Shawn Powell

Marrone: “Do you want to punt or play QB?”

Powell: “Punt”

Marrone: “We wish you the best of luck but this isn’t working out”

Joking aside, I think they will keep Carpenter and cut Hopkins. I remember one of the training camp story lines was how Powell held for Hopkins at FSU.

CBF

I think they should IR Hopkins instead and use the roster spot for another position given the mounting injury situation.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude almost cost us the Ravens game with his 29 yard shank. I can kick a football further than that.

I bet you can't. Factor in the 15 yards behind the line of scrimmage and you'd have to punt the ball 44 yards. I bet you can't do that.

He sealed his release last night after 2 punts ended up 10 points. You cant blame the loss on him but this move shows he was in the hotseat anyway. He sucked last year. In hindsight moorman was a rock for our ST.

Moorman has been getting worse for 2+ years - he WAS the rock, but he's done.

I bet you can't. Factor in the 15 yards behind the line of scrimmage and you'd have to punt the ball 44 yards. I bet you can't do that.

if you want to get technical, half of us probably couldnt handle the snap consistently even.

So who is in the wings?

List of available punters:

Chris Kluwe

Mat McBriar

Brian Moorman

Nick Harris

Reggie Hodges

Daniel Sepulveda

Matt Dodge

Matt Turk

Jason Baker

Ben Graham

Chas Henry

T.J. Conley

Robert Malone

Ricky Schmitt (K)

Tom Malone

Sam Paulescu

Ryan Tydlacka

Ryan Donahue

Daniel Power

Chris Bryan

Brad Wing

Peyton Hillis

really? Because I've met fans that have met him and spoken with him personally and they thought he was pretty cool. Apparently he's not a fan of kids and doing the autograph thing. Some people aren't. So I wonder if that's where your getting your info from.

Either way, not many teams cut kickers or punters mid season.

I was always a huge fan of Moorman until his last season or 2 with the team. His play got bad. Now that might have been the STs coaching and play calls with the way they wanted the kicks going, but he was bad regardless.

However he is and always will be a Bill. Hopefully he gets it back to where he was before he sucked here.

But in all honesty, I've met Moorman many times and if you want to talk about a cocky and rude man. He is every single bit of that. Always rubbed me as an @$$hole. I've met him at least 5 times. Tried to have conversations with him and he never wants to have any part of it. I've also witnessed others try to have conversations with him as well and they get the same experience as me.

That is surprising. I have met Moorman a few times & have known people who know him well & I have never heard anybody say anything like that about him.

man I have no luck...the only day i went to training camp I went to the wall to get auto's and the only 2 guys that came out to sign were Lindell and Powell...guess anyone who signs my Bills helmet gets cut....actually hope thats not true cuz i sent my niece thru lines and had McKelvin and Brooks sign as well..so 50/50 so far..

I totally agree. This was a problem for weeks, they wait til it costs us a game and then do something about it.

Please elaborate on the fallacious take in bold above.

So it's the punter's fault because the coverage team SUCKS!? And actually, on the one long return HE....Powell...made the TD-saving tackle.

That is surprising. I have met Moorman a few times & have known people who know him well & I have never heard anybody say anything like that about him.

well, were at a pass here. Because I say about Moorman what you say about Powell and we are exact opposite.

Ill just add that the people you know that "know him well" are most likely in his group of friends and if course he is friendly with them. But you say you've met him and you can vouch for him. I can't say that about Powell. But Cletus can and I trust his opinion because I know Cletus.

But I have personally been met Moorman at least 5 times and have absolutely nothing good to say about him.

At the end of the day, we both have our opinions and all that matters is that he doesn't shank punts all over the place on Sundays.