[please fix subject]Special Teams

Ronin

After four games our punt return and kick return averages rank 13th and 30th.

Last year we finished the season ranked 1st and 4th.

What are everyone's thoughts on that? Coaching?

I'm trying to figure out why.

Leaonard's a solid return guy If You don't want the football to end up on the carpet and its still early in the season so 13th sounds about right.

Far as kick returns go, the footballs been going deep into the end zone (or out) on most kicks and Easleys been unable to return them.

Not much you can do about it...

Buffalo has two kick returns on the season and seven punt returns. Way too small of a sample to mean anything.

What's more important, to me, is how well the other teams are returning the ball. They're averaging 20.1 yards/return (24th in the league - but 5 YPR from the top 10). Not concerned.

What does concern me, albeit very little, is that we've had the 2nd most kicks returned in the NFL. That's not coaching. That's a weak leg. We need someone to boot it out of the end zone.

However, since opposing teams are averaging 20.1 yards/kick return ... it appears to be a wash.

Buffalo has two kick returns on the season and seven punt returns. Way too small of a sample to mean anything.

What's more important, to me, is how well the other teams are returning the ball. They're averaging 20.1 yards/return (24th in the league - but 5 YPR from the top 10). Not concerned.

What does concern me, albeit very little, is that we've had the 2nd most kicks returned in the NFL. That's not coaching. That's a weak leg. We need someone to boot it out of the end zone.

However, since opposing teams are averaging 20.1 yards/kick return ... it appears to be a wash.

Buffalo is one of the few teams that is luring returners out of the end zone on kicks and pinning them behind the 20 yard line.