ESPN writer gives Eric Wood some love..

Louis Riddick@LRiddickESPN8h

Want to watch solid, fundamental OL play, then you should watch #Bills OC Eric Wood.. Quicks, footwork, leverage, hand use, lat range..

Routinely created movement at the POA vs Ngata ( some doubles W/OG), opening up inside zone runs.

E Wood an easy Pro Bowl starter at this point in the AFC, and it isn't close IMO. I like Mack, but he is not as powerful as Wood. #Bills

Louis Riddick@LRiddickESPN7h

Is there a guy that is playing at a higher level/ is more versatile - valuable than #Bills DB Aaron Williams? What a game vs Torrey Smith!

As long as the Pouncey brothers (I know the one in Pittsburgh is done for the year) are around, there is no chance for Eric Wood

I understand the sentiment, but I'll tell you right now: Wood is VERY highly thought of in league circles. If he plays at this level all year he'll be an AFC pro bowler along with Mangold.

I understand the sentiment, but I'll tell you right now: Wood is VERY highly thought of in league circles. If he plays at this level all year he'll be an AFC pro bowler along with Mangold.

Gotta agree here. As technically sound as anyone that's played the position. And spits nails out there. But I don't want to jinx the man. Let's just say he is a HUGE value at his top 5 pay. Bills were smart to lock him up and I'm glad he really wanted to stay.

GO BILLS!!!

I've read a lot of the same stuff regarding Wood. He's consistently the guy pointed to when Pro Bowl voting is being done as the "guy who deserves it, but won't make it cause he's on a bad team." It's such a reputation position too, you make one, you make eight.

Edited by stony

I may be showing my age, but he reminds me of Billy Shaw. Tenacious & tough on the inside of line play. A seemingly regular & easy going guy off the field.

I always thought HE was our best OLineman when the 'experts' were saying it was Levitre. Levitre looked so much better because he had Wood to his right, Wood's problem was staying on the field for more than half a season. I agree with Riddick, he will be a pro bowler - but only if he stays healthy. Winning doesn't hurt either!

I may be showing my age, but he reminds me of Billy Shaw. Tenacious & tough on the inside of line play. A seemingly regular & easy going guy off the field.

I always thought HE was our best OLineman when the 'experts' were saying it was Levitre. Levitre looked so much better because he had Wood to his right, Wood's problem was staying on the field for more than half a season. I agree with Riddick, he will be a pro bowler - but only if he stays healthy. Winning doesn't hurt either!

seems like everyone has always loves wood's ability and attitude but were a bit reserved to give him the ultimate praise because of the injuries. levitre was our o-line ironman, he was reliable and dependable and seemingly never hurt while injury-induced line changes were happening all around him. not to say he is not a talented individual in his own right, but eric wood has that special blend of talent, work ethic, blue collar appeal and downright nastiness from time to time.

I've read a lot of the same stuff regarding Wood. He's consistently the guy pointed to when Pro Bowl voting is being done as the "guy who deserves it, but won't make it cause he's on a bad team." It's such a reputation position too, you make one, you make eight.

Just win, and all this stuff goes away in a ny minute