Lettuce: What's the point?

/dev/null

cool, crisp contrast to the sub. Contrasts and textures bring out flavors. As succinctly as I can put it, what is a BLT without lettuce?

I'd agree if you're talking about all of those awful designer lettuce leaves they have nowadays (rocket etc).....but traditional iceberg lettuce, Yum!

I was eating a sub this afternoon with big giant leafy lettuce on it that I ended up taking off. Then I wondered, what is the point of lettuce anyway?

I eat salads nearly every day, until there is a lettuce substitute I need those leafy greens.

Um... a BT?

And if you add onion, would it be a Bachman Turner Overdrive ?

cheese maybe, but not mayo, i will ask for avocado instead of mayo a lot of times

How does an avocado take the place of a condiment?

Lettuce among other veggies is kind of like drano for your GI tract

Indeed. I enjoy lettuce for the texture and the extra roughage.

and you refer to yourself as chef?

What's being a chef have to do with preferring a bacon and tomato sandwich over a bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich?? And I usually order all my sandwiches sans lettuce.

And if you add onion, would it be a Bachman Turner Overdrive ?

So close but it was caught at the warning track. It would have been a home run had you just said BTO. Us old farts would have gotten it.

the point of lettuce especially shredded lettuce is tacos.

taco's wouldn't exist without the lettuce and that would not be great.

were talking traditional beef cheese lettuce taco.

lettuce is also needed for cheesesteaks/burgers/most varieties of chicken sandwiches in my world.

Edited by Ryan L Billz