PPP Showdown

You may be right. The first post was mostly BS as I though the judge might appreciate it but the winning formula is clearer now. Glad we had fun with that but my comment that you are a sitting duck in round two was a serious one. Only favoritism by the judge (again) will keep you alive. For the record, I think Snyder should fight these idiots to the very end and ride the wave of public support that should happen as these overly sensitive groups step up their attack.

Honestly I don't even know what's going on. I've been deep in the k-hole for like 68 of the past 72 hours.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've been hanging around PPP lately because of this competition. I thought it was a great idea and hoped to be entertained for some time with it.

I was a little concerned that it was going to be judged by one individual.....but I can live with that.

I became put off a bit further when it became apparent that aggressive insults were going to be viewed as a positive rather than a negative....but as that would add an extra element of colour to the dialogue I was content with that also.

Then I saw the topic for the 2nd debate.

Which aspect of the scourge that is Hollywood has done more damage to our country in the last 30 years.....sex or violence?

The question of "Has Holywood sex and violence damaged the country?" would be a debatable topic. To question which one has caused more damage, when there is a questionable premise of whether either has actually done any damage makes it a non debatable topic. It would be a bit like asking if it is the QB or Coach that has had more of an influence on why the Cowboys are currently a great team.

You should understand that this competition is not about saving the polar bears or deciding the fate of the homeless. It is about discussion/debating skills. Most any subject would do, but why not make it as juicy as possible? I fully expect that before this contest is over there will be a debate on whether plowing the forest is better than poking the shaved mound.

You should understand that this competition is not about saving the polar bears or deciding the fate of the homeless. It is about discussion/debating skills. Most any subject would do, but why not make it as juicy as possible? I fully expect that before this contest is over there will be a debate on whether plowing the forest is better than poking the shaved mound.

What is your point?

If it was about discussion/debating skills then not only would people be marked down(instead of up) for aggressively insulting their opponent......but the topics would have to be ones that could actually be intelligently debated.

If it was about discussion/debating skills then not only would people be marked down(instead of up) for aggressively insulting their opponent......but the topics would have to be ones that could actually be intelligently debated.

What brought you to PPP again?

I just have to say...Rob's first post was a good opening salvo on the topic and his line about "Larry Flynn and his mouth whore lawyer..." :beer: is an instant classic. That's some good stuff. I suspect he and tgreg are going to be a good scrap.

Since opinion's are like backsides I'll also add this....the first round was great. KTF and Levi both had me laughing a good bit. I'm glad both 'survived.'

Crayola may be a tad 'off' but I think he's created a true monster with this concept. Let the entertainment continue.