Browns Firesale?

Peytons Neck

But maybe Richardson as the 3rd (?) pick in the draft had too big a contract for the new management team.

this, or perhaps there was another problem that fans aren't aware of yet.

The Browns trade their star RB, start the backup QB and start to win games.

Cleveland just held the Bengals to 6 pts, and has the #6 defense in allowed yardage. I don't see them dumping any other players

Yea the 3 years at 6m total were crushing their cap

They already paid him his Signing Bonus. This was all about the draft pick, IMO.

this, or perhaps there was another problem that fans aren't aware of yet.

The Browns trade their star RB, start the backup QB and start to win games.

Cleveland just held the Bengals to 6 pts, and has the #6 defense in allowed yardage. I don't see them dumping any other players

I think they would trade Gordon in a heartbeat for the right pick. Weeden is gone, as soon as they can find a taker.

I thought he was a rookie too. where was he last year? I would have heard of him.

Per Wikipedia:

Cameron was selected by the Cleveland Browns with the 102nd pick in the 2011 NFL Draft.

Great pick by Cleveland. Played TE at USC but basketball at BYU before that. Those b-ball players really make fantastic NFL TEs. Sounds like he just emerged this year as a playmaker though.

Strange. I am in a fantasy dynasty auction league. Guys like Cameron get drafted as rookies, yet no one drafted him until this year. I wonder if he was a real raw project, and finally hit his stride this pre-season or something.

I live in Columbus where they talk about the Browns a ton and never heard his name until this year. Maybe our new TE draftee Chris Gragg will be like that next year - we can hope!

If the Browns come back down to earth after two victories (which I fully expect) do you think the firesale would be on? And if so how much do you think it would cost for Josh Gordon and maybe even James Cameron? Would you support the Bills making a move on either of these two players or anyone else on the browns?

My best guess would be

Gordon- can be had for a 2nd

Cameron- my best guess would be a 3rd and a 5th.

James Cameron. Hell of a director...Jordan Cameron? Best young TE in the game and absolutely untouchable.

Gordon is a bit of a risk.

There's no way Cameron is for sale. How on earth is a 3rd and a 5th going to return anywhere near the value that Cameron provides on the field?

Gordon would easily fetch a 1st round pick+. His upside is astronomical and he's a WR in his 2nd season--- easily 10-12 productive years left in his career. It's pretty unlikely they'll trade him, anyhow.

Unless you're Megatron, Julio, Fitzgerald, Dez, D. Thomas, Marshall?? and maybe a couple more I'm not thinking of, you aren't getting a first round pick for ya.

I'd be skeptical of giving a 3rd for him. And plus, I don't want anyone taking away from Woods development.

James Cameron. Hell of a director...Jordan Cameron? Best young TE in the game and absolutely untouchable.

Gordon is a bit of a risk.

Unless you're Megatron, Julio, Fitzgerald, Dez, D. Thomas, Marshall?? and maybe a couple more I'm not thinking of, you aren't getting a first round pick for ya.

I'd be skeptical of giving a 3rd for him. And plus, I don't want anyone taking away from Woods development.

They won't get a 1st but I can see a team like Seattle or SF dealing for him because they are so close and could use another good WR. The issue with Gordon is he not exactly dqueaky clean and SF probably doesn't want to deal with that right now.