can someone tell me exactly what mort said

nodnarb

I second that.....until I know what everyone is talking about, this is staying in the "too good to be true" folder of my brain.

It was a segment on NFL Gameday. Unless you taped it, unlikely to repeat it, unless they run it on SportsCenter.

He may have something up on his spot on ESPN's website this week, I'd imagine.

To the best of my recolection:

Mort said the Bills would ask Drew to take a paycut. If not, he COULD be let go March 1.

I don't recall Mort saying anything about JP starting, though one could assume. It was a very short bit. That's all that was said.

PTR

Mort said the Bills would ask Drew to take a paycut.  If not, he COULD be let go March 1.

I don't recall Mort saying anything about JP starting, though one could assume.  It was a very short bit.  That's all that was said.

PTR

207521[/snapback]

That's the gist, essentially. Personally, I don't remember the "he might get cut" part...just the "they're renegotiating" part.

JP-era's Arizona Cardinals delusions are the result of a hyperactive imagination taking Mort's report of of a possible Travis Henry trade with the Cards and adding "Hey, what if they packaged Bledsoe with him, too?"

Mort said the Bills would ask Drew to take a paycut.  If not, he COULD be let go March 1.

I don't recall Mort saying anything about JP starting, though one could assume.  It was a very short bit.  That's all that was said.

PTR

207521[/snapback]

Interesting, thanks! Sometimes when I think TDs sack couldn't get any bigger, he goes and proves me wrong. I love this guy.

I think personally I'd rather just cut ties with Drew completely, but at least we're moving in the right direction. I'm sorry, but there is no justification remaining for taking no action at the QB position.

That's the gist, essentially.  Personally, I don't remember the "he might get cut" part...just the "they're renegotiating" part.

JP-era's Arizona Cardinals delusions are the result of a hyperactive imagination taking Mort's report of of a possible Travis Henry trade with the Cards and adding "Hey, what if they packaged Bledsoe with him, too?"

207530[/snapback]

My best recollection is that he said Bills asked Drew to renegotiate the deal before March, otherwise they may cut him in March. This, he said, could be a sign that the Bills may be ready to go ahead with JP Losman.

Sometimes when I think TDs sack couldn't get any bigger, he goes and proves me wrong. I love this guy.

207532[/snapback]

This isn't a slam, but I laughed out loud for almost a solid minute at this statement. I don't know why.

This isn't a slam, but I laughed out loud for almost a solid minute at this statement. I don't know why.

207539[/snapback]

lol.......well seriously, the guy is such the antithesis of J.Butler it's not even funny. I can't help but think that sooner or later TD is going to have all the pieces together.......but if he actually makes a move on Drew already, I think that would take more balls than just about anything else right now. Kudos to him and his sack <_<

lol.......well seriously, the guy is such the antithesis of J.Butler it's not even funny. I can't help but think that sooner or later TD is going to have all the pieces together.......but if he actually makes a  move on Drew already, I think that would take more balls than just about anything else right now.  Kudos to him and his sack :)

207551[/snapback]

oh, I agree totally - it was just in the wording that made me laugh. <_<

Donahoe is really shutting up those that thought that his ego might get in the way of his decision making, or that he's afraid to admit he's wrong.

oh, I agree totally - it was just in the wording that made me laugh.  <_<

Donahoe is really shutting up those that thought that his ego might get in the way of his decision making, or that he's afraid to admit he's wrong.

207552[/snapback]

I know what you mean.....there are times I read something on here that hits my sense of humor just right, even if nobody else sees it lol. I think this board has a lot of intelligence and wit, actually......hell, I even laugh at AD and DC Tom on occasion :)

I agree with what you said about TD......I think a lot of other people are starting to realize exactly your point......he's here to build a winner, and he's going to wheel and deal to get it done, while at the same time managing our cap. I wish Drew well, but I can't wait to see how this plays out......I'm really surprised he's making moves this early, though, to be honest........pleasantly surprised, though :)

I know what you mean.....there are times I read something on here that hits my sense of humor just right, even if nobody else sees it lol. I think this board has a lot of intelligence and wit, actually......hell, I even laugh at AD and DC Tom on occasion  <_<

I agree with what you said about TD......I think a lot of other people are starting to realize exactly your point......he's here to build a winner, and he's going to wheel and deal to get it done, while at the same time managing our cap. I wish Drew well, but I can't wait to see how this plays out......I'm really surprised he's making moves this early, though, to be honest........pleasantly surprised, though :)

207554[/snapback]

Me too!

The thing about Donahoe that I think is maybe a little polarizing is that he doesn't seem to have very much loyalty to a particular player. I personally like that approach, since the players really don't care about the teams either anyway - it's all just for the fans rooting for the laundry.

He's a very bottom line kind of guy, and that's what we need - this is a business first, football second League unfortunately. Basically, Drew, if you ain't pulling your weight - don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Me too!

The thing about Donahoe that I think is maybe a little polarizing is that he doesn't seem to have very much loyalty to a particular player. I personally like that approach, since the players really don't care about the teams either anyway - it's all just for the fans rooting for the laundry.

He's a very bottom line kind of guy, and that's what we need - this is a business first, football second League unfortunately. Basically, Drew, if you ain't pulling your weight - don't let the door hit you on the way out.

207592[/snapback]

Yep, great point......Lord knows the players are looking at it like a business, so thank God we have a GM who is playing in the same game. I love the fact that he's going to restructure Moulds (and again, kudos to Moulds for being a team player with regard to that), and I can't wait to see what's in store for us this offseason......TD always keeps it interesting <_<

My best recollection is that he said Bills asked Drew to renegotiate the deal before March, otherwise they may cut him in March.  This, he said, could be a sign that the Bills may be ready to go ahead with JP Losman.

207537[/snapback]

What great news! And less than 2 months away! <_<