Jim in Anchorage

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Says the guy that buys $140 a lb ham because the "the fat melts in your mouth."

And your point?

Oh that's right there is no point?

I at 6 foot and 155 lbs don't worry about calories much.

Cholesterol and heart disease have nothing to do with calorie intake.

Says the guy that buys $140 a lb ham because the "the fat melts in your mouth."

Yet Jim never asked anyone why doing that on a regular basis (which he never said he did) would potentialy be worse for him than eating white meat Turkey breast.

Nevermind, I'm fairy certain I'm getting "Crayonzed" right now.

Not trying to start a argument at all. but absolutely no one will tell me why whole milk is bad.

It's not. Like all foods, at some point "scientists" decided it was bad for you. But then later other "scientists" said it was good for you in moderation. Quite simply, if you don't have an issue with it, who cares?

And...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jennifercohen/2012/09/11/10-foods-that-are-surprisingly-good-for-you/

7. Whole Milk

Want to lighten up that coffee? Whole milk may be the way to go. Whole milk contains large amounts of vitamins A and D naturally – skim and low-fat milk are fortified with synthetic versions of these vitamins. In small amounts, a few extra calories may amount to a lot of extra vitamins. The extra fat, in moderation, may even help long-term weight loss. A Swedish study of 19,000 over 9 years found that women who had one serving of whole milk or cheese a day put on less weight than women who ate the same foods less often.

It's not. Like all foods, at some point "scientists" decided it was bad for you. But then later other "scientists" said it was good for you in moderation. Quite simply, if you don't have an issue with it, who cares?

And...

http://www.forbes.co...y-good-for-you/

I know. a few years ago eggs where bad, now there good. I don't worry about it that much I don't care to live to one hundred.