Whats with this tastless low fat food?

Jim in Anchorage

So I'm in the store looking for Mozzarella cheese. Nothing but low fat part skim garbage. So I give up and go to buy milk. 5 doors on the dairy cooler for low fat,%2 fat and no fat milk, [basically colored water] one for whole milk. The insult is they sell the cream they remove from these "healthy" products for top dollar. Why are fat people buying milk and cheese anyway? Look fat people buy your wheat thins and leave my food alone. I even saw "low fat" bacon. If you're fat why are you eating bacon?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have a problem finding whole milk. I don't drink it I make cheese with it. But I do agree that it can be frustrated finding something that's real. Try locating sour cream.

Come to think of it. Why do they put a date on sour cream? Are they expecting it to go good?

Why exactly do I need to get used to the lack of fat? I am thin, work hard in a cold climate and need calories. That's how I keep warm and work all day.

No, I'm saying that after drinking skim milk for awhile, you get used to it. If you're using milk to get fat, keep drinking whole. Personally I can't stand whole milk, even in tea. Even 2% is too creamy for me now.

No, I'm saying that after drinking skim milk for awhile, you get used to it. If you're using milk to get fat, keep drinking whole. Personally I can't stand whole milk, even in tea. Even 2% is too creamy for me now.

:huh:

I pray for your culinary soul....or lack thereof.

You know they sell water and white food coloring I assume? Why are you buying anything labeled "milk" at all?

:huh:

I pray for your culinary soul....or lack thereof.

I'm talking about drinking it/putting it in cereal or tea. As for my culinary soul, I don't cook. I leave that to the experts, namely my wife. ;)

You know they sell water and white food coloring I assume? Why are you buying anything labeled "milk" at all?

Like I said, I used to think like you do.

Don't knock skim milk. You get used to the lack of fat. It's the only milk I'll drink now.

Is it true that skim milk is worse for acne? Especially teenagers. I read that somewhere and I am not sure if it is true?

Try locating sour cream.

What does this mean? Is the sour cream they sell not really "sour cream?" Sour cream seems to be the easiest thing to find in the dairy case... All different kinds and brands!