Kentucky Governor in stark contrast with Kentucky Senators

dayman

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For democrats? Yep well said.

I guess that's the difference, Democrats are trying to make it so people can get health care, and yes, they raise money to do that. The kkk Republicans raise money promising do fight as had as they can so people will not get to see a doctor

No, apparently you do not understand the differences between the roles of governors and senators. And, no. It's not time to simply "implement the thing". Nor it it the job of conservatives to fix something that we didn't want in the first place, handing a major political victory to Democrats.

What is currently happening is that a war is being fought for the Republican party, and liberal establishment Republicans like Mitt Romney and John McCain are losing baddly.

yup, the new kind of republican: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbErkUE3Az0

come back to reality my friend

I don't think you've been paying attention.

Liberal establishment Republicans are even more of a political focus for conservatives than liberal Democrats. Senator Cruz is capitalizing on polling data that indicates that the overwhelming majority of Americans: opposes the ACA, thinks the government has grown too powerful, and is too invasive into the lives of it's citizens.

He's hanging this around the necks of the Old Guard GOP, and they will be primaried, and forced to run on supporting the ACA.

I don't think you've been paying attention.

Liberal establishment Republicans are even more of a political focus for conservatives than liberal Democrats. Senator Cruz is capitalizing on polling data that indicates that the overwhelming majority of Americans: opposes the ACA, thinks the government has grown too powerful, and is too invasive into the lives of it's citizens.

He's hanging this around the necks of the Old Guard GOP, and they will be primaried, and forced to run on supporting the ACA.

If you think Cruz is going to come away somehow politically strengthened by this then you think competing in GOP primaries is the end game.

If you think Cruz is going to come away somehow politically strengthened by this then you think competing in GOP primaries is the end game.

You still aren't listening.

There is a civil war going on in the GOP right now. The small government conservatives and principled libertarians have come to the realization that they can't beat the liberals until they've drained the swamp and taken control of their own party, and that's exactly what they're doing.

didn't say it was authoritative. i think it verbalizes what many traditionalists in both parties actually think

This is where you are wrong.

Citing an Aaron Sorkin fictional piece as what "traditionalists" think......................... is REALLY off the mark.

You seriously need to start visiting other sources.

Your knowledge of what conservatives (and I daresay most Americans) think is apparently filtered through a liberal lens.

This is where you are wrong.

Citing an Aaron Sorkin fictional piece as what "traditionalists" think......................... is REALLY off the mark.

You seriously need to start visiting other sources.

Your knowledge of what conservatives (and I daresay most Americans) think is apparently filtered through a liberal lens.

i'm in a big minority among my peers and friends as a liberal. i've heard similar sentiments from traditionalists on many occasions. the gov't shutdown tuesday will add fuel to a raging fire. Edited by birdog1960

This thing, Obamacare, is full of surprises. I've recently seen some that we can look forward to in the coming 15 months or so. Huge rate increases is only the start. How about the fact (at least here in Illinois) that employers will now see the individual cost to insure each employee and that the rates for older employees are 3X that of younger employees and since companies over 50 employees have to pick up most of the tab, what do you think that does for the hiring of older people? Up until now we were only given the average cost per employee. Now we see the individual cost based on age and other risk factors.

so i took b's advice. and i found this; http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/fox-news-sunday-chris-wallace/2013/09/29/exclusive-rep-kevin-mccarthy-talks-roadmap-budget-showdown-key-senators-debate-defunding. i only read the transcript as the actual talking heads disturb me (even on meet the press in it's latest iteration). anyway, the ones at fox seem none to happy with the brash new party self appointed leaders. read the panel discussion. seems they don't find the strategy very smart nor well thought through for "endgame" or outcomes as i would say. unfortunately, i think we've reached a point in history where chris wallace represents the repunb traditionalists. i know many traditionilists that would deny that, but it appears to be true.

so i took b's advice. and i found this; http://www.foxnews.c...ebate-defunding. i only read the transcript as the actual talking heads disturb me (even on meet the press in it's latest iteration). anyway, the ones at fox seem none to happy with the brash new party self appointed leaders. read the panel discussion. seems they don't find the strategy very smart nor well thought through for "endgame" or outcomes as i would say. unfortunately, i think we've reached a point in history where chris wallace represents the repunb traditionalists. i know many traditionilists that would deny that, but it appears to be true.

Which is all the more reason to keep going. If the "rank and file" don't think it's smart, it probably is.

there can be value in being contrarian but only if you really are smarter than everyone else. ted cruz???

John McCain (You'll forgive me for not being able to name any of the other "leaders" of the Republican party)? Or any Republican strategist who couldn't beat Barack "Jimmy Carter" Obama?

If you keep doing the same things, you'll keep getting the same results.

John McCain (You'll forgive me for not being able to name any of the other "leaders" of the Republican party)? Or any Republican strategist who couldn't beat Barack "Jimmy Carter" Obama?

If you keep doing the same things, you'll keep getting the same results.

and there's the problem for the right. everything has shifted on notch over: moderates in the party are now liberal, conservatives= moderates and nut jobs = conservatives. and the reason you can't name the leaders is that nobody knows which faction is goiung to come out of this in front. and every candidate has to placate the nut jobs in the primaries. i can tell you this; if the nut jobs win control you will have a smaller party.

and there's the problem for the right. everything has shifted on notch over: moderates in the party are now liberal, conservatives= moderates and nut jobs = conservatives. and the reason you can't name the leaders is that nobody knows which faction is goiung to come out of this in front. and every candidate has to placate the nut jobs in the primaries. i can tell you this; if the nut jobs win control you will have a smaller party.

I will? I'm not a Republican. I do find it hilarious that a "died in the wool" lib like yourself would think the Republicans will have a smaller party "if" the nut jobs win control. They've had it for a long time. The reason they fear Ted Cruz, Rand Paul, etc, is their message resonates with WORKING Americans.

I guess President Obama, Nancy Pelosi, and Harry Reid are the democratic version of moderates.

I will? I'm not a Republican. I do find it hilarious that a "died in the wool" lib like yourself would think the Republicans will have a smaller party "if" the nut jobs win control. They've had it for a long time. The reason they fear Ted Cruz, Rand Paul, etc, is their message resonates with IGNORANT Americans.

I guess President Obama, Nancy Pelosi, and Harry Reid are the democratic version of moderates.

Fixed that

All those retired people on SS and Medicare voting Conservative are not working Americans, they are grumpy, old, angry haters

The elderly whites are the biggest block of Conservative voters

I guess that's the difference, Democrats are trying to make it so people can get health care, and yes, they raise money to do that. The kkk Republicans raise money promising do fight as had as they can so people will not get to see a doctor

How is it exactly that republicans plan or are making an effort to keep people from seeing doctors? While you're at it, tell us why the ACA was an excellent solution in terms of reducing health insurance costs for the masses.