Let's Talk Superbowl

T master

Although you all may think this is about the Bills & the Superbowl which i would love to see again it's not, read on & you will see what it is about .

With all of the jobs going over seas it seems there is talk of more jobs possibly heading over seas. I was just reading that the people in charge of Wembly Stadium are now not only talking about bringing 3 games a year to England but now are talking of the possibility of bringing the Superbowl to England .

WHAT ???

So when will it end ? They had NFL Europe & for all the love of the NFL it didn't go over well enough to keep it going, so why should they allow or even think of subbing out the biggest game of the year weather it's Baseball, Basketball, (& although some will argue) Soccer, some say it is bigger, not in my world !

I know there are getting to be a lot more players coming in from different countries to play in the NFL & why wouldn't they ? when you look at the pay checks for playing a game & the recognition from there country with proof of past immigrants that have graced the American stage starting as far back as Yan Stenarude for the Chiefs .

I hope that we can keep something sacred to America rather than what always happens & trying to make it bigger & better when in all reality it waters it down & makes it worse instead of better.

So what do you all think ? I know some will say that it will be a great thing & argue the fact that it will need to be expanded for a bigger audience but i think that some of the beauty of the NFL is that it leaves us all wanting more .

If you expand it to too many games, too many countries, it could do just the opposite of what it took years to build as the biggest & best sport in the world !!

Although you all may think this is about the Bills & the Superbowl which i would love to see again it's not, read on & you will see what it is about .

With all of the jobs going over seas it seems there is talk of more jobs possibly heading over seas. I was just reading that the people in charge of Wembly Stadium are now not only talking about bringing 3 games a year to England but now are talking of the possibility of bringing the Superbowl to England .

WHAT ???

So when will it end ? They had NFL Europe & for all the love of the NFL it didn't go over well enough to keep it going, so why should they allow or even think of subbing out the biggest game of the year weather it's Baseball, Basketball, (& although some will argue) Soccer, some say it is bigger, not in my world !

I know there are getting to be a lot more players coming in from different countries to play in the NFL & why wouldn't they ? when you look at the pay checks for playing a game & the recognition from there country with proof of past immigrants that have graced the American stage starting as far back as Yan Stenarude for the Chiefs .

I hope that we can keep something sacred to America rather than what always happens & trying to make it bigger & better when in all reality it waters it down & makes it worse instead of better.

So what do you all think ? I know some will say that it will be a great thing & argue the fact that it will need to be expanded for a bigger audience but i think that some of the beauty of the NFL is that it leaves us all wanting more .

If you expand it to too many games, too many countries, it could do just the opposite of what it took years to build as the biggest & best sport in the world !!

American football is neither the biggest (not even close to the "other" " football") or, from a global perspective , nearly the "best" sport in the world ("best" is a subjective term, but in the subjective judgement of the rest of the world, soccer is king -- watch the unbelievable scope and scale of the coverage of next years World Cup for example. Expanding the NFL to other parts of the world is a very long term strategy. American football is not terribly popular anywhere other than here.

I'd live to say the NFL will never die. That it will be the most popular sport in the country for many many years. The truth is, I just don't see it happening. Eventually it's going to fall and its going to fall hard when it does. Like a sack dropping off a 10 story building. I know it's still the best sport in all the land, but eventually people are going to really get sick and tired of the money hungry @$$holes playing the game, owning the teams, running the league. Get sick of all the rules, regulations, penalties. Kids now are more i retested in skateboarding and MMA than I could have even imagined as a kid. In the end, that's what will end the sports popularity. Will it always be around? Probably, but much like Hockey, or Baseball, it will take a dive in ratings and won't ever be able to crawl back up to the stardom that it is today.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Universities_American_Football_League

British Universities American Football League - 72 Teams Total

The British Universities American Football League (BUAFL) is an American football league contested by university teams in England, Wales and Scotland. The league was formed by the British American Football Association (BAFA) in 2007 as the successor to the British Collegiate American Football League after the British Student American Football Association's (BSAFA) public disagreements with BAFA policies led to them being excommunicated by the other BAFA members,[1][2] in particular the BAFL, which was also later ex-communicated for almost exactly the same reason.

I was just reading that the people in charge of Wembly Stadium are now not only talking about bringing 3 games a year to England but now are talking of the possibility of bringing the Superbowl to England .

Think of the time difference. Currently the SB starts about 6:30pm EST, so that would be about 11:30pm in London. London would not want it starting so late, so you'd have to move kickoff back to about 1:00PM EST. I'm not sure the NFL would want to do this.

Think of the time difference. Currently the SB starts about 6:30pm EST, so that would be about 11:30pm in London. London would not want it starting so late, so you'd have to move kickoff back to about 1:00PM EST. I'm not sure the NFL would want to do this.

Plus the weather is bad in London in Jan/Feb, and it's still midst of soccer season over there. I really think the attempt to globalize the game is ill-conceived. It's one thing to play an exhibition game, but taking a regular season game away from the fans here is an insult. At the moment, the strategy seems to work because the game sells well because of the novelty value, and because Brits lap up anything with an American label on it. But if the talk of locating a team there is serious, I think that's a huge misstep that has many ramifications, not the least of which is logistics.

I get the feeling you would see a full time team in London before a Superbowl over there. Either way, taking the Superbowl out of the states will cause a HUGE backlash, and for a league obsessed with image, that's likely something of a deterrent.