Sam Bradford sucks; Bust!

Oh and San Francisco didn't have a stud defense and an awesome running back when he was the starter 2 years ago when he was a "bust"?

Listen, I don't want Alex Smith. This isn't a I want Alex Smith or his type of QB post. This is a, sometimes the system helps make a player be better post.

We all believe Chan got the most out of Fitz don't we? Which means that that's the best Fitz will ever be. Alex Smith is showing how good he can be with Kansas City with THAT system.

I'm fine with EJ but I don't have faith in the system. His talents are not being utilized the right way and neither is CJs'...

Oh and don't tell me it's the offensive line cuz last year even with Levitre at guard, the line was shaky and Fitz had to release the ball in 2 seconds. Plus we had injuries to the line also.

The blame usually starts from the top and I have a finger pointed at Marrone for being an offensive line coach and not realizing how bad we are at LG (hopefully Legursky can fix that cuz I think he got what it takes), and Hackett for running draw plays from the Shotgun.

He was benched after "winning" games and playing real good if you can also remember that.

Yeah...but not not so good that they brought him back...

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll take a game manager that rarely has bad games, like alex smith over a qb that sucks.

Alex doesnt get a lot of credit. But i think he deserves it. He's above average, overall. Not elite. But above average for sure.

Almost every qb in the league will have good games. Remember trent edwards????

Agreed.

Forget about the 9ers rushing him a lot. He had time on a lot of plays. He just plainly sucks.

They need to move on from the Bradford era.

Sam Bradford= Bust

This is how it works Microscopes. You give a guy a year or two or three, then you can declare them a bust. Not after 1 game.

Certainly not looking good for him, right now. And remember, it was because of their faith in Bradford that the Rams traded the right to draft RG III to the Redskins. That faith now seems to have been misplaced. On the other hand, they still have the Redskin's No. 1 pick in 2014, which might be a top-10 pick, and RG III is not exactly setting the league on fire this season.

Certainly not looking good for him, right now. And remember, it was because of their faith in Bradford that the Rams traded the right to draft RG III to the Redskins. That faith now seems to have been misplaced. On the other hand, they still have the Redskin's No. 1 pick in 2014, which might be a top-10 pick, and RG III is not exactly setting the league on fire this season.

http://www.businessinsider.com/robert-griffin-iii-trade-had-no-winners-in-retrospect-2013-9

I had the same impression last night as well. He just simply should be better by now. The problem as always with changing coaches etc, someone will give him BOD...

I was amazed at how much slack the announcers on Thurs were cutting him. All the stuff I saw...happy feet in the pocket, dropping back too far, feeling pressure that wasn't there, consistently overthrowing wide open WR. When he hits, he throws a bullet. A thing of beauty. He hangs onto the ball too long and he has trouble throwing accurately under pressure. I couldn't see it on TV but I bet the All 22 shows failure to follow his progressions.

The bottom line is l2011ast year, the man threw 6 TD all season. Six. 6. Thurs nite I saw why.

What is this Eddy from NFL Radio? He calls in all the time and b#@$h about the Rams, Bradford, yet states he is a Rams fan. He has to be the most annoying fan who calls in on the radio. I really think sometimes Ross Tucker wants to reach through thr phone and pummel him.

All St Louis football fans are the most annoying. They became football fans during the Greatest Show on Turf Warner days and have little understanding of football.

Bust? Maybe but so far this season his QB rating is better than Brady, Roethlisberger, Flacco and Eli manning. He is a "middle of the pack" kind of QB and I doubt he will ever make it to elite status.

I think this may be an exemplar of how ratings don't tell the whole story. This says more about the poor quality of Brady, Roethlisberger, and Eli Manning's play so far this year.

Flacco I'll tell you what I think on Monday.

Edited by Hopeful

What is this Eddy from NFL Radio? He calls in all the time and b#@$h about the Rams, Bradford, yet states he is a Rams fan. He has to be the most annoying fan who calls in on the radio. I really think sometimes Ross Tucker wants to reach through thr phone and pummel him.

He calls in all the time and b#@$h about the (team name), (player name), yet states he is a (team name) fan.

The formula for every sports radio show.

Forget about the 9ers rushing him a lot. He had time on a lot of plays. He just plainly sucks.

They need to move on from the Bradford era.

Sam Bradford= Bust

This is how it works Microscopes. You give a guy a year or two or three, then you can declare them a bust. Not after 1 game.

Yes, I went to college in St Louis(Go Billikens!) and still have a lot of friends there and they are screaming bust at the top of their lungs...lol

Bradford's numbers have not really improved since his rookie year and that has to be disconcerting...

Although to be fair Brian Schottenheimer might be the worst OC in football. No idea how he keeps getting jobs when there are so many bright young minds waiting for an opportunity...

Edited by matter2003

Yes, I went to college in St Louis(Go Billikens!) and still have a lot of friends there and they are screaming bust at the top of their lungs...lol

Bradford's numbers have not really improved since his rookie year and that has to be disconcerting...

Although to be fair Brian Schottenheimer might be the worst OC in football. No idea how he keeps getting jobs when there are so many bright young minds waiting for an opportunity...

I could see why. He's just average. Average. Maybe even a little below average.

Edit:

Which means he'll be the bills' starter next season.

Edited by Clippers of Nfl

Then Matter, perhaps you can explain to me a question that has been puzzling me for all the years I've lived in StL: WTF is a Billiken?

Small world: the dad of one of my kid's new friends attended SLU high with Henry Jones.

I haven't heard any screaming about Bradford is a bust, but that's just because the (nominal) StL Rams fans I know don't care enough about football to scream about anything.

You may have a circle of acquaintance with more avid fans, poor things.

Bradford has, for years, been my Exhibit A of why drafting a QB #1 as your franchise guy is not sufficient to turn a team around. I'm sure it hasn't helped him to have a new OC every year, and his OL started out porous, and the Rams D is mediocre at best. Nevertheless, when the game is on the line and others step up, Bradford seems to step back. He's become the Alex Smith of the Rams, without the Harbaugh moment.

Edited by Hopeful

Yes Bradford is disappointing...but I also feel better about our swapping draft picks with St. Louis because Tavon Austin certainly isn't setting the world on fire (yet).

As a WR, Tavon Austin needs a little help from his QB to set the world on fire. In Thurs. game, I saw at least 4 throws that Austin tried desperately to reel in: too far over his head, leading him too far for a dive to be successful, etc. At least 1 was a sure touch and one would have been close.

It kind of changes my viewpoint on Andy Dalton. At least he makes throws the incredibly athletic and sure-handed AJ Green can actually reach. Green makes Dalton look better than he is, but Dalton throws stuff Green can catch.